Recent spur work

Denny

Elite Cafe Member
Attached are some spurs that I finished recently. Also shown is an amazing pair of spur straps made and carved by member here, Gordon Andrus. I made the buckles and conchos for the spur straps. I hope you enjoy looking.

Attachments

• Denver spurs 2011 resized.jpg
    Denver spurs 2011 resized.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 185
  • Qualey jan2011 resized.jpg
    Qualey jan2011 resized.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 168
  • Qualey2 jan2011 resized.jpg
    Qualey2 jan2011 resized.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 171
  • Straps conchos buckles jan2011 resized.jpg
    Straps conchos buckles jan2011 resized.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 169

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
BEAUTIFUL work Denny. Thanks for posting it.

I especially like the straps, buckles and conchos. The tooling on the leather is VERY nice, as is the work on the metal.

Jane

Elite Cafe Member
Very cool Denny, the first pair appeals to me the most.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Bunic

Elite Cafe Member
Magnificent!!! Is this the level of quality that the Lone Ranger wore?

Seriously, did any of the renowned cowboys wear this nice tack?

filbertius

Elite Cafe Member
Beautiful. On the Qualey spurs - that is side A and B of the same pair, right? The different buttons had me wondering if they might be different pairs...
Gary

bronc

Elite Cafe Member
Denny, I am a big fan of you work and always enjoy getting to see what you have been up to. Beautiful!!!

Stewart

Denny

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you everyone. Gordon is an amazing leatherworker and carver. He is currently working on a set of spur straps for me that have bulino longhorn steerheads on the conchos. I will post a picture when I get them back.

Mike - Many of the movie cowboys had really nice gear, in fact I believe the Lone Ranger's Bolin double gun rig is going to auction next weekend at the High Noon auction. In addition, in many parts of the West, Midwest, and Southwest, there is a long tradition of fine silver mounted bits and spurs being used by just normal working cowboys. As a kid working the big ranches in Nevada I often saw the buckaroos spend a whole months salary and more just buying one piece or "tool of the trade."

Denny

Elite Cafe Member
Gary - I am sorry I forgot to answer you in the last post.

Yes the Qualey spurs are different sides of the same pair, and you are correct the buttons are different on each side. I often do this because I get bored doing the same thing. It is bad enough to have to do two the same but sometimes doing four the same is just too much.

I actually engraved both of the pairs of spurs shown after the mounting was done and all the buttons were on. It is a serious pain to engrave around all those buttons, it significantly reduces your options for making the engraving look nice.

BES

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Denny!

Hi Denny!

Excellent work and on the skin and metal.
Made with a soul!

Good luck!

Latest posts

Sponsors