unusual buckle for me

Jane

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks everyone! I believe I had about 3 hours into piercing. I tinned the back so soldering the silver to the buckle was pretty easy. I might have had an hour into building the swinging buckle bar and soldering everything together. Then of course I had to start clean up. Actual clean up may have taken about 30 minutes. I had a lot of cross words with my rotary tool as it decided now would be a time to quit working.
Then I started sculpting which I think took 5 hours to finish the buckle.
A lot of time for a very small buckle at 2 3/4" X 1 3/4". But I like how it turned out. As I said in my original post, I think this would be very cool with different gold colors.

Zhyyra

Elite Cafe Member
It's beautiful. To me it is as though the flowers (which are as far apart as they can be) are trying to draw each other closer so, they patiently and lovingly grow their scrolled arms out toward each other in order to realise that closerness.
Forgive me if I wax too poetical but, I'm just speaking my mind and that is what my eye beheld.

Time is an important ingredient in the baking of delicious cakes, the growing lovely flowers, a run for victory and the creation of beatiful artworks among other things. The further from the optimum time you allow, the more is taken from the objective.

You timed this well.

Jane

Elite Cafe Member
Zhyrra-
I enjoy hearing everyone's perspective on my work. No need to apologize. Thanks for posting your thoughts.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
That's a beautiful buckle Jane!
Just hope it will not fall under the bely of a plumpy man (like me)! :)
It would be a pity to hide so wonderful work.

All the best,
Leonardo.

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Leonardo, I picture it in my mind on a good looking woman the of the cowgirl sort. Better mental picture than yours.

Latest posts

Sponsors