BES

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Andrew!

Hi Andrew!

I read these fine poetic lines
Also I remember a fairy tale
Hans Christian Andersen "The Ugly Duckling"

The time will come, and I straightened the wings
and fly along with the beautiful white swans in Reno!

Eric S. Brezhitsky

Andrew Biggs

Hi Bes

Yes, they are great lyrics and very poetic. They were written by Michael Nesmith from the Monkeys many years ago.

I've just taken the liberty of altering them :)

Heres' the full song with the proper words

I'm hearing the light from the window,
I'm seeing the sound of the sea,
My feet have come loose from their moorings,
I'm feeling quite wonderfully free.

And I think I will travel to Rio
Using the music for flight,
There's nothing I know of in Rio,
But it's something to do with the night.
It's only a whimsical notion
To fly down to Rio tonight,
And I probably won't fly down to Rio,
But then again, I just might.

There's wings to the thought behind fancy,
There's wings to the thought behind play
And dancing to rhythms of laughter
Makes laughter the rhythm of rain.

So I think I will travel...

I feel such a sense of well-being,
The problems have come to be solved,
And what I thought was proper for battle
I see now is proper for love.

So I think I will travel...

Reno? Why Reno?
Not Reno, dummy.
Rio, Rio de Janeiro.

Andrew Biggs

All this talk of the weather is making me nervous!!.

You guys do realize that it's mid summer here with long 30 degree Celsius days.

I'm going to have to dig deep in the wardrobe to find my winter woolies!!!!

filbertius

Elite Cafe Member
Andrew - no problem with the temperature - we will probably be 30 here as well... unless you are going to get picky about making us use that metric stuff...
See you!
Gary

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sorry guys, I can't make it this year. I was really looking forward to going, especially it being the 30th year and all, but family health issues put a damper on us going anywhere. I'll be thinking of you all and will be checking in often to see what is posted. Have fun.

Bill

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I get out there Weds afternoon. It will of course be a busy, eventful weekend. Thurs morning FEGA Board meeting and evening get together. Firday show set up and then exhibit. Don't forget the Satuday morning Annual FEGA membership meeting for allFEGA members in attendance. Sundays booksigning and celebration of 30 yrs of FEGA. Lastly the monday seminars.
Have a great trip everyone and KUDOS to all of the FEGA officers past, present and future who have made FEGA what is is today
CYA there

Kevin P.

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Andrew,
Sam is all you say. I met him last year at Reno. Sorry, I won't be there this year.
There are a number of people I met for the first time; a very congenial group.
Kevin P.

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
Yep, driving in on Wed. evening, going to ski Mt Rose on Thurs. and be ready for the show on Friday. Should be a fun time, looking forward to it.

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
I'm curious to know how well one can ski wearing heavy starched jeans and cowboy boots Brian. :)

Very much looking forward to seeing the rifle you engraved.

p.s. now that the whole world knows I'm going to be out of the shop for a few days .... a representative of the Jackson County Sheriff's Dept will be here hangin' out with my dog and heavily armed.

Last edited:

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I should arrive in the early afternoon on Thursday. I'm staying for the seminars and flying out Tuesday.

Just a suggestion: For those who are only known here by a screen name, how about writing it above your real name on your badge so we know who you are.

Chris: I've got better than a dog and a deputy staying at the house. My former USMC wife with a .45!

See you soon,

Roger

ps: Glenn and I had a nice visit a few days ago at the Antique Arms show in Vegas.

Last edited:

filbertius

Elite Cafe Member
Brian - I believe that the snow pack on the mountains is quite a bit above average, and my daughter assures me that the skiing on Mt Rose is good.
Chris - I've seen the jeans up there, but the boots may be hard to overcome - tho we could take you snowshoeing with them...
Roger - that is why I put my unfortunate face as my avatar... and it is fun to finally meet people from here.

Gary Williamson

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
I am not a biker, I am a "gentleman motorcycle enthusiast" ..... and I neither endorse nor condone the activities glorified by that fictional misrepresentation of the gentleman motorcycle enthusiast lifestyle. .... of course, if I do look like that guy then there should be a ton o' chicks awaiting my arrival.

Mike Bissell

Elite Cafe Member
Chris there will be a few more "gentleman motorcycle enthusiast", out there than just yourself. I'm one also. I don't want to let you down but that "ton o' chicks" may turn out to be just a "bucket o' chicken". I'm sure you'll have a great time, I always do. see ya there.

KatherinePlumer

Elite Cafe Member
I finally finalized my plans today. Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that Donner pass stays open! :rolleyes: I'll be hanging around making trouble Friday noonish through Monday late afternoonish. Say hi if you see me wandering around. :) I'm looking forward to visiting old friends and maybe meeting a few new ones!

-Katherine

Latest posts

Sponsors