Critique Request copper bracelet

ctague

This is a copper bracelet I have scratched on. It is the 9th bracelet I have made and i set a green stone in the center of the flower. I would like to see what you all think about this one. Any and all coments will be appreciated. Thanks
Cody

Attachments

• IMG00353-20101226-1049[1].jpg
    IMG00353-20101226-1049[1].jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 335

TyG

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Cody nice work. Cuts look nice and clean. I probably would have put another scroll in there, looks like you were stretching to reach the end. One more may have balanced the size of each scroll and allowed you to get the last one into the rounded ends nice. I think you are doing well, keep going.

ctague

Thanks for the advice. I will try that tomorow on my next bracelet. i will post some pics and hopefully there is some improvement.

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This is pretty cool. As for some critique, in the small scrolls you have some doglegs, and your flower would be helped by a center of some sort. About a million ways you can do a center. It might help if you could originate the beginning of your scrolls from somewhere under the flower instead of beside it. With some more experience your bright cuts will become perfect, and the spacing of them also looks spot on. Also, your large scrolls look great. Good job. Thanks for sharing and keep on cutting! Seth

Last edited:

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Cody,

Wish I could match the precision of your cutting! Your border wriggle is very good geometry, it is often a weakness in otherwise good cutting. It is a shame to end up putting a wobbling wriggle on an otherwise well cut item. Sometimes I lay a guiding edge if I am doing a long straight border. Whatever way you are wriggling sure works for me.

For your next bracelet, I would first glance at some of the Brian H photos, or Diane Scalese flower shapes. Brian humbly acknowledges Diane for his first introduction to bright cut, and just look at Brian now ... shooting for the stars!

Can't quite find the link but it is on the forum.

Anyway the flower suggestions are interesting shapes and can be skewed to nice effect.

I would avoid the common problem of having our flowers look a bit like engineering turbine wheels. With your cutting skills, you will love the freedom of shapes they offer.

Best

Rod

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
One good way to layout the scroll size is with proportional dividers. Also remember the rule of odd-three or five scrolls on each side=as a guide only-Fred

Latest posts

Sponsors