carving a 2006 nickel

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
i don,t want to over-do my threads on carving coins, but the new nickels carve well and are cheap to practice on...i carved 6 of these for collectors this year..i gave the coin the name " The sea captain " ...i,ve carved subjects on about every u.s. coin, so feel free to email me for pictures...

Attachments

• MVC-055F.jpg
    MVC-055F.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 222

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Bill: That's an absolutely excellent carving. Your sculpting around the eyes is particularly good. Nobody gets tired of these photos, so don't ever think you're overdoing posting them.

Sam

Staff member
That's a good idea, Yves. Maybe I could get Billzach to shoot a series of step-by-step photos for an iGraver tutorial. You interested, Bill?

Sam

Staff member
Yeah, that's Steve Adams. He's one of the best, if not THE best at portraiture carvings. It doesn't get much better than that. / ~Sam

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Now we're all eyes and ears waiting for this tutorial to begin.
Sam did you ever expect your Cafe to accelerate to this success?

Sam

Staff member
Now we're all eyes and ears waiting for this tutorial to begin.
Sam did you ever expect your Cafe to accelerate to this success?

Glenn: Billzach could do a killer photo tutorial of hobo nickel carving. He's carved more than anyone else I know, and is recognized as one of the top carvers in the country (just look at the photo in this thread).

I was hoping for the Cafe's success, but it's beyond what I expected. Of course it's the members who make it what it is. I see people learning and making new friends, and that's what this is all about.

Looks like we'll top 30,000 page views in the 10 days I've had a counter online. / ~Sam

William Grubb

Elite Cafe Member
Congratulations again Sam I think everyone loves this site,I'm glad its so sucessful,and we all can communicate with one another,and have fun doing it.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i think a wonderful thing for the "hoboists" would be to gather a goodly sample of work and publish in the form of a photo book or cd. if this were done, i would certainly purchase one. i find these coins fascinating and enjoyable to look at. i think it's time this great artform comes to light beyond this forum for non-engravers to enjoy.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
I Got The Lindsay, I Got The Scope. I Think I Said I'd Show You Blokes How To Do This. Well I Think I Got That Backwards. I Started A Nickel, And Now It Just Looks Back At Me And Laughs ! Now What ? My Favorite Cutters Look Like Snow Shovels Under The Scope ! I Make 1 Tiny Little Push And It Goes Clean Over The Entire Nickel. You People Are Crazy For Getting Me Started In This. You'll All Be Sorry When You See How This First One Turns Out.

Latest posts

Sponsors