Throttle Control Valve for GraverMax explained...

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Paulie: If you don't mind my input here, the bias control is a fine tune adjustment that works similarly to the regulator adjustment. With the newer machines I don't find myself using it as much any more. In fact I rarely use it now. But what you do is adjust the regulator so that as soon as you depress the foot pedal you get a nice, crisp tapping of the handpiece piston without any vibration or flutter. You can then use the bias control (if desired) to fine-tune to get on that perfect threshold.

Paulie

Elite Cafe Member
Paulie: If you don't mind my input here, the bias control is a fine tune adjustment that works similarly to the regulator adjustment. With the newer machines I don't find myself using it as much any more. In fact I rarely use it now. But what you do is adjust the regulator so that as soon as you depress the foot pedal you get a nice, crisp tapping of the handpiece piston without any vibration or flutter. You can then use the bias control (if desired) to fine-tune to get on that perfect threshold.
:tiphat:Thanks a lot for your fast support, Sam! I'll keep your advice in mind and try it like you said:thumbsup: first tune the GraverMax (air pressure & speed) before fine tuning with the bias control. Kind greetings, Paulie

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
Paulie,

You are missing the part about adjusting the pedal so it doesn't have bleed air. Otherwise the bias valve doesn't do much other than act as a fine adjustment for the regulator. But i would talk to the manufacturer before you change anything and see if they would recommend it.

Chris

Paulie

Elite Cafe Member
:tiphat:Thanks Chris! Yes, a good idea to ask a GRS staffmember their technical advice about the pedal bleed air. I don't have the know-how myself:thinking:. First I can try Sam's tip and see what's the effect, thanks again! Greetings, Paulie

Love2carve

There was a TCM under the Christmas tree for me. I installed it easy like the manual shows. Used it already for stippling cutting lines and shading.
But as I’m now moving my shop to another location, I only can start over again before Wednesday next week.
I will ASAP write a review on the TCM, in particular showing new work and bulino using it.
I’m one of the rare ones that use a Graversmith, but I can tell you that I love that machine, and even more with the TCM

To be continued, :big grin: arnaud
Can you post a link as to where to buy the TCM and what they cost? Thank You!!

Latest posts

Sponsors