scrolls

Andrew Biggs

Hi Walt

As far as I'm aware there is no specific scroll software for engraving.

Most people doing it the computer way are using CorelDraw or Adobe Illustrator (or similar software) and generating their own scrolls.

Cheers
Andrew

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yep. Lots of vector drawing software out there. The nice thing about a vector is its ability to be scaled or transformed without having a pixel issue, unlike a JPEG or photo. You can setup your own library of vectors and drop them in as needed.

There has been discussion at length on this if you run a search

tundratrekers@mtaonline.n

Elite Cafe Member
I believe steve shephard has put out this over on the Lindsay forum.But why not learn to draw? mike

Sorry! Thats Paul Hamler.

Last edited:

Mike Frakes

SPEX.exe is a small piece of freeware that will generate a vector graphic scroll that you can import into Adobe Illistrator or CorelDraw or for that matter you can drag and drop the scroll into Microsoft Word. It is very easy to use and should be real easy to find and download. Just google SPEX.exe.

Mike Frakes

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I Believe There Some Templates Out There........

I believe there are some templates out there to assist in drawing scrolls.
The GRS and NGraver websites have them for sale, and as I recall Cloudy sells some on the Lindsey site.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
There's nothing wrong with using software to draw a scroll backbone as long as you're still able to draw one by hand. If not, then you will never be free of the software crutch. Learning to draw good scrollwork should be high on the priority list of every serious engraver.

Adobe Illustrator has a spiral tool that works quite well.