Ti boot tip engraved

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This is some Titanium work I did a few weeks ago.
These boots are quite old and still my daughter favourite ones. But the dog chewed a bit on one of the tips. The boot repair could not fix it so I did it. I hammered a new tip out of Titanium so that it fitted perfect on the leather. Of course I added an engraving.
And once again I was the best father in the whole world for my daughter.

Also the boot repair shop who putted some new leather soles made me a big compliment on this work.
Sure I could have made two, but my daughter preferred one.

arnaud

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That looks GREAT Arnaud! You are very creative as well as being talented.

I didn't know that Ti was malleable.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Cool idea Arnaud. I had no idea that anyone in Belgium wore western boots. If your daughter is wearing jeans and those boots do people mistake her for an American?

Roger

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Roger, no they don't and she also wears them under a coloured robe.

thank you Roger, Marcus, Zhyyra, mden

Marcus, yes I used glue, the two component one that can be heated to be even stronger. For that I used my "paint heating gun". Also the shape of the tip goes under the tip of the leather. My daughter already wear these boots for some weaks and it seems to hold very well. If not I will drill holes and add some Ti nails I will make, weld them together with the tip, and finish them. Then they sure cant com off.

arnaud

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Roger, no boots of Spanish leather, American boots, we have it all and no one think we are American. It just are nice boots and of course they are from the US and look American. We also have Big Mac hamburgers drive in beautiful American cars en even I try to engrave American style, or is it Italian :big grin:
So you might think America has its own style, could be, but we in the old world we are convinced that the most beautiful American designs are old world inspired or designed by Italians.
So the American culture of today, if it exists, is a mix from the old world.

And to me it is regrettable the culture of the natives Americans (Indians) is not of big influence.

Trying not to be to political, just try to explain that even your roots come from the old world, not even that long ago. And over here we don't live like cave men. :big grin:

This is my daughter working on a new song, she only plays the guitar for 3 months.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=489452763576&comments&ref=mf

arnaud

Attachments

• lola.jpg
    lola.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I wasn't looking at the Cadillac... but indeed a nice car.....
What is the brand of the glue you used Arnaud, the one I use always lose the strength with heating, ( I use UHU plus).

Latest posts

Sponsors