Stackable Bracelets

JBrandvik

Elite Cafe Member
Hope everyone had a great Christmas. We sure did down here.

My wife tells me that these simple, little stackable bracelets are the next western jewelry rage. Since she’s usually right about such things, I thought I had better get off the fence. Here’s my initial entry.

I tried to give the impression of braid-work with the engraving. It has 1 black diamond and 2 white diamonds mounted in the center.

Best,

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice. Try one with flush mounted stones and use a fine liner to cut the rope edge.

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice! :thumbs up:

It looks like you engraved a center line and then used a flat to roll over the edge to the outside making the rope border. Good guess? :)

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This is stunning and you have that rope border down pat. Looks darn good and a great idea with the stones and the rope. I tried a ring like that once with like a 10 gauge wire once but left it at that. Thanks for sharing!

And very nice photos also!

jack

Very nice. What gage silver did you use? Did you engrave first and then bend? Jack

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice rope cutting and great bracelet.
What metal is it?
Yes we had a great Christmas party, all the children and grandchildren where there. We were 13 at the table, two dogs and two cats.

arnaud

JBrandvik

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks everyone for looking.

Doc, yes that's a fair description of how it was done. I did a tutorial a few months ago on the rope border. Here's a link.

Jack and Arnaud, I used 12 ga. sterling silver sheet, engraved flat, then bent, then stones set.

Best,

Zhyyra

Elite Cafe Member
Looks good. The "braid" or "rope" effect may have looked more realistic (to me anyway) if it were staggered at the center-line (as opposed to how it is now symmetric).
Nevertheless, a very good piece of work from talented hands.
I enjoyed reading your tutotial too.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Jim,
Fine piece of work and thanks for the reminder link to your great tutorial.
Hope your wife's idea and your cutting make plenty of $$$ towards the shop building project.
Happy, healthy New Year to you and yours.

Peter_M

Elite Cafe Member
That looks sharp!

You got that rope border mastered. Played around with it a bit and found out it isn't quite as easy as it looks.

Peter

Latest posts

Sponsors