Fancy Engraved Guitar

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Zemaitis guitars are engraved by Danny O'Brien. He engraved a few when Tony Zemaitis was alive and when the Japanese bought the name after his death, they still have Danny engraved them. The description in the ad confirms this.

Last edited:

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You are correct Marcus. The description does name Danny O'Brien, but it didn't register, as it said he "designed" as opposed to engraved the guitar.

Thanks!

Paul Chung

Definately aluminium. I saw Danny engraving one of these in his lunch breaks when I was working with him at H&H many moons ago.
And Peter as far as I know Danny is still designing/engraving them but I think they then copy some of them by laser for the mass produce market.
You can tell pretty much by looking at one to see whether it's hand engraved or laser engraved anyway and the price variations on them reflects this.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice work on this guitar, I like it and probably also my daughter will. So best thing is that I don't show it to her.

arnaud

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Definately aluminium. I saw Danny engraving one of these in his lunch breaks when I was working with him at H&H many moons ago.
And Peter as far as I know Danny is still designing/engraving them but I think they then copy some of them by laser for the mass produce market.
You can tell pretty much by looking at one to see whether it's hand engraved or laser engraved anyway and the price variations on them reflects this.

Thanks for the feedback Paul. I've seen some of your excellent work on British guns. I'm sure others here would like to have a look.

Cheers,

Roger

Sponsors