Announcement: The Engraver #89 arrived

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I just received my copy of The Engraver #89 today. :yes I have only skimmed through it but the content looks like another home run edition. Our friend and colleague Chris Malouf has great pictures of his Colt Navy on the cover and inside. I can't wait to dig into the articles.

Thanks to Andrew, the contributors, and the FEGA team who put the magazine together in such great style. :tiphat:

Roger

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Roger, your mailman is faster than mine! This particular issue was mailed 1st class to make sure everyone had the show info.
And yes.. Another GREAT issue!
Just do people know, the cover shot isn't the pink cow..... :)
Great pictures of Chris's Colt however!
Rex

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
The pony express just delivered mine out west with other Fega members in hot pursuit trying to derail my delivery. Too bad, it's now under lock and key!

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mike,
This particular issue was mailed 1st class because of the holidays and the show. We wanted to make sure it was in the hands of members early enough for the schedules and things. The nxt issues will be back to the normal mail I'm afraid but it saves a lot of money.
Rex

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Andrew,
:tiphat: Each Magazine gets better and better. Thank you for all the hard work that you do each issue. :thumbs up:

Sandy

Andrew Biggs

Thank you all.

The praise must go to the people that take the time and effort to write articles, submit the photos and spend the money advertising. I'm just the guy that begs, harasses, annoys, whines, reminds, cajoles, hunts and gathers everything and then puts it all together. It's an enjoyable job and I get a lot of pleasure from doing it.

There is some outstanding work being produced by FEGA members and it should be showcased to the world. It's also interesting to see how multi talented a lot of them are.

It's been a very good year for the magazine and I'd like to thank all the contributors that make it what it is. If you have anything that you would like to submit in the way of articles, big or small, or photos of your work then please feel free to send them to me.

The next issue will feature all the award winning work from Reno

Cheers
Andrew

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I just received my copy of The Engraver #89 today. :yes I have only skimmed through it but the content looks like another home run edition. Our friend and colleague Chris Malouf has great pictures of his Colt Navy on the cover and inside. I can't wait to dig into the articles.

Thanks to Andrew, the contributors, and the FEGA team who put the magazine together in such great style. :tiphat:

Roger

:beerchug: +1 I just got mine today and my CONGRATS to Chris Malouf and to all making it such a great issue!

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
I'm never gonna live down that pink cow LOL! That's ok 'cause I'm glad it made a few folks laugh. Its been a challenging year for a lot of folks and a little laughter is more important than ever.

I am going to have to disagree with you Andrew. You are the guy who brings it all together. You're the "glue".

You have the power to lift a regular guy, who has done nothing more than try to do his best for his customer, up out of trenches of obscurity. This is the greatest honor I've ever had.

The cover of the Journal is not reserved for just a select few. What I'm looking forward to now is seeing who will be the next engraver to rise to the occasion for the first time.

Hope this post isn't full of too many typos...a Blackberry on the forumis a lot of fun :)

Happy holiday everyone. See you next year!!!!

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Pony Express delivered mine today in spite of the snow storms. Good issue as always and a good thought provoking article also geared towards the future of our annual show.

Chris.....great job on the Colt. As far as the pink fuzzie.......I hear they taste like Pepto-Bismol

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You have the power to lift a regular guy, who has done nothing more than try to do his best for his customer, up out of trenches of obscurity. This is the greatest honor I've ever had.

The cover of the Journal is not reserved for just a select few. What I'm looking forward to now is seeing who will be the next engraver to rise to the occasion for the first time.

Oh but Chris... Your worst nightmare has now come true. YOU are now one of those select few!! You are no longer a regular guy.
Heck, you may now even be referred to as a guru!!
:)

Seriously...
Andrew does a GREAT job with the magazine and getting people to get him articles and photos. Your Colt was very nice and it was great photography and was deserving of the cover. While Andrew does a really great job of twisting people's arms for things the magazine is only as good as its members. Good engraving, good photos and articles all come from the members. We encourage all members to send in things. You won't get published if you don't send in anything.

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
I hear they taste like Pepto-Bismol

That's hilarious!!! Did you know that ebony presentation cases with emerald velvet interiors taste like a peppermint patty?

Rex,

You may be right .. LOL!! I was on the road much of last week but I did get to try remote video surveylance replay to watch the rural carrier put the issue into my mailbox. As my buddy emptied my mailbox for me Saturday, he's still got the issue at his house!!!

Latest posts

Sponsors