Colt Diamondback 22

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Colt Diamondback 22 Engraving

Here are a few pics of a recently completed Colt Diamondback .22. All the scroll was line cut and then lightly sculpted; the lettering and Rampant Colt are 24K inlay. Concerning the sculpted scroll: If there was ever a time to not color outside the lines that was it...pretty exacting work!
Finished in French grey & the client will provide a set of grips to his liking.
Hope you enjoy,

Weldon

Just realized: This Colt is shown on the front cover of my 2011 Engraving Calendar

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 221
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 197
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 209
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 523
  • 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Gorgeous work Weldon. Are you using that transitional scroll technique to model the leaves? Whatever technique it is that you are using it works superbly well on this canvas, I love it. Thanks for sharing.

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks folks!

Marcus: It is not the transition scroll per Se but similar (I suppose). I did this by first engraving the design in the routine fashion. At that point it could have been shaded conventionally or, sculpted with punches which is what I have done here. There are places in the design where the lines are very close together and the result looks like the transition scroll. The stress from this pattern was keeping the sculpting punch from making a mark outside the line which would ruin the look and be an obvious boo-boo! I guess what I mean is that when doing the sculpting I had to really focus intensely, more so than the routine engraving & I am sure you know exactly what I mean!

Ha Ha Andrew....still working on the design...not entirely happy with it but: are we ever!?!?

Weldon

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
VERY nice Weldon. Those are great guns and I can imagine it will look EVEN better with a nice set of grips.

I especially like the cylinder treatment.

Latest posts

Sponsors