Knifemaking and engraving

en2siastic

Hello,
Here is a knife that I'm working on. I've made the knife from 440C stainless steel, the engraving is done with hammer and chisels, for the background I've used some beading tools. It is not finished yet, I still have to build the handle plates.
Best regards.
Francis

Attachments

• buzz223 050.jpg
    buzz223 050.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 326
  • buzz223 060.jpg
    buzz223 060.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 318

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Wow En2siastic, Is this a beautyful knife !!!
I like it very much, especialy the deep relief in the engraving but also the overall design.
Willem

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey Francis, that is some seriously crisp background removal. Very fine looking . Did you do that with acid or chisel work? The scrolls and shading are top notch too of course.

Missed you when i was at Phillipes in September, but I was only their a few hours. You to Rocco. How are you both?

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
STUNNING!!!!!! I hope you use transparent scales so one can see that beautiful engraving. Thanks for posing, Seth

en2siastic

Hello friends,
Thank you for your comments.

Mike and Seth : Yes the little plates will be perforated, so we can see the engraving through the plates.

Sandy : Yes my leg is functional, I can run again, I hope you are doing well too!

Scott : How are you? I’ve only used chisels regular and flat to remove the background, no etching. Next time if you feel like going to the flea market just let me know. In August,at the flea market in Battice, I found the 1965 Nimschke book, signed by Larry Wilson with a word for Madison Dumoulin chief of the engraving department of the FN, I bought it for 30$!

Best regards to all of you and have a very good day!

Francis.

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Wow Francis, what a cool flea market find. Yes, I wish I had found that book. it;s worht around 250-300 US, but with that signature I would add another 100 maybe too to sell to some Browning collector.

Latest posts

Sponsors