New Shop - In Progress

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Congratulatons, looks fantastic Jim.
Lot of water under the bridge since you first started building the ranch!
I remember that early website of yours and all the sweat you put into your place.
Best regards.

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
What can I say that others haven't! Great building ..........I wouldn't know what to do with that much space, just to be out of the basement is a reprieve for me. I'm impressed.
Mark

david bain

Elite Cafe Member
Crap showed ;your picture to my wife hoping she would get the hint..Well all she said was very nice looking.Patted me on the back.said keep dreaming,they may come true.Then giggled..VERY nice.

JBrandvik

Elite Cafe Member
Thats cool Jim. Maybe we can have a Texas Engrave-In down there.
Scott, a Texas Engrave-In would be great. My wife does love to play hostess . Actually a combination hammer-in and engrave-in would be VERY cool. Might help the knife-makers find engravers. (or vise-versa)
Oh man! am I envious!!!! I've got this 17' wide path (with a 20+" butt) snaking through my single car garage so I can reach all my cool tools. I SO want a dedicated engraving and fabrication workshop! I know you will have a great time there. Hope to see you again in Reno this coming January.
Hey, Doc! What are you waiting for, permission? You only live once… Just do it! I hope to make Reno too this year. With the construction and Christmas, money is a little tight as you might imagine.
Your gonna enjoy it Jim, I'm proud for you! Dwayne
Thanks Dwyane! You need to come down for a visit. Also, I have been doing some file work lately and practicing with that TW-90. (What an awesome tool!) I’ll send you some photos soon.
Great man space :)
Thanks, Dennis!
Wow! I hope you have many happy years enjoying your space! :)
Thanks, Tira. That is the plan!
FANTASTIC Jim! Congratulations on a dream coming true!
That is an absolutely great looking shop.
Thanks Peter!
Congratulatons, looks fantastic Jim.
Lot of water under the bridge since you first started building the ranch!
I remember that early website of yours and all the sweat you put into your place.
Best regards.
Hi John! Yes, sometimes around here it’s hard to remember the early days. It’s gratifying to think of all we’ve built here, but the days of sleeping under the stars and cooking on an open fire were as rewarding. (Maybe more so.)
What can I say that others haven't! Great building ..........I wouldn't know what to do with that much space, just to be out of the basement is a reprieve for me. I'm impressed.
Mark
Thank you Mark!
What a nice LARGE place to fill with a lot of our toys!
I want one like this too!
Congratulations Jim! :)
Leonardo
Thanks, Leonardo!
Congratulation Jim. Great looking shop, I'm proud for you.
Yvan.
Much appreciated, Yvan!
Crap showed ;your picture to my wife hoping she would get the hint..Well all she said was very nice looking.Patted me on the back.said keep dreaming,they may come true.Then giggled..VERY nice.
David, don’t give up. Remember it’s a subtle art. Sometimes it may take years of gentle persuasion to wear a sensible woman down.
Jim,
Wow!!
I'll have to come take a look,
Weldon
Weldon, I will be issuing a formal invitation to you when I get a bit further down the road toward completion. In the mean time, just stop in anytime for a visit. :)

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Me too. I've always worked in a garage, basement... even in one apartment I had years ago I set up my jewelry shop in a large closet. I read about a muzzle loader rifle builder years ago that dug a hole to stand in and built rifles in the crawl space under his house! Now, that's dedication!

Like many things in life... too bad we can't have the last one first.

Doc

Sponsors