Co-2

Two Ponies

I have not used much CO2 since I started practicing over a year ago, but had used up a 24 oz. bottle little by little during that time. When the bottle ran out I got it refilled and started working on a small project on a gun. I was AMAZED but in about 15-20 minutes the bottle was out. :shock: I was using a Classic at about 60 lbs. with a tungston piston. Could this heavy set-up, with higher pressure, be what drained the bottle that fast? :confused::mad::eek:

Keith

Elite Cafe Member
I did the same thing once, the bottle wasn't screwed all the way tightly into the regulator and the co2 leaked out.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sometimes that little thin gasket leaks, the ones on my bottles are white O-rings that look loke they're made of Teflon.

That heavier piston will use a little more air to idle but not that much. If you are using a foot pedal version then that will also eat more air by design. Even with all this in mind, that seems like an awfully fast loss of air.

kcrutche

Elite Cafe Member
Co2 Loss

Two Ponies

I had this same problem also (leakage) once, using the 24 oz bottles like Keith said.

I have since changed to a 20 lb Bottle which lasts me more than 6 months.

I have the Bottle filled at the local welding shop.

Price started out at $19.00 for a refill now up to $35.00

I use a Palm Control, set most of the time to about 10/15 lbs (unless I am setting Gold then I go up to 60 Lbs).

Christian

The Lindsay equipment uses, such a small quantity of Co2, Breathing has not been a problem (20 by 40 ft. room).

The Co2 is more expensive but I stay with it because it is clean (no oil contamination problem).

Ken

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I didn't know it was a PC version which shouldn't bleed that tank. 24 oz should last for days. I get mine refilled at the paint ball field for $5.00 You seem to have a leak in the regulator to bottle interface most likely that O-ring. I had that happen twice so far because of re-using that gasket too many times.

Last edited:

Two Ponies

Tim--

This is only the second time I filled this particular bottle. When I first met you was about the time I got the first full bottle and it held till now. It would not seem like the 'O' ring would go out that fast and I had it tightened well at the regulator. I will get another refill and see what happens next time. Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Also check that little pressure relief valve on the bottle - I had one where it was loose, as well as one with a bad gasket. Both of them lead to very short run times.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sometimes that teflon O-ring is ok but it will deform instead of tear and cause it to leak. I have had it leak, then seal itself after I remove the regulator, wet the O-ring just by licking my finger and running it around there and putting the regulator back on.

Those paint ball places will have extra O-rings and the place I used gave me mine when needed. I guess it came with the price of a refill. Good luck.