Graphic Ornaments

cootmans

About ten years ago I bought a fantastic paperback book and I thought it would be a good idea to mention it here. It has 391 pages and is crammed with thousands of print quality drawings, animal, banknote engraving, leaves, heraldic, in short you name it and it's in there ! Look at Amazon.com under the title : Graphic Ornaments 1900 (Pepin Press Design Books) (Paperback)
by Pepin Van Roojen (Author) There still a few left for around $17,- , peanuts for the treasure you are getting !
As you almost never can see the pages of the book you are buying on the internet I have included a few scanned pages so that you have an idea.
Good luck !
Richard

Attachments

• GraphOrn1.jpg
    GraphOrn1.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 147
  • GraphOrn2.jpg
    GraphOrn2.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 150
  • GraphOrn3.jpg
    GraphOrn3.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 128
  • GraphOrn4.jpg
    GraphOrn4.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 128
  • GraphOrn5.jpg
    GraphOrn5.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 149

Andrew Biggs

Hi Richard

Thanks for posting that. Looks like a great reference book. I ordered a copy from Amazon yesterday. As you say "peanuts for the treasure you are getting"

Thanks again
Andrew

loyd freeman

Richard,The designs were so great that I am putting the flying dragon on a silver buckle. It is coming out with grear results and is not very hard to engrave,just time consuming. I am going to see if Amazon has another copy. Many Many Thanks Loyd Freeman