Help, please: Copper Bracelet

Daniel Isdell

Hi Jim,

One possibility is to skip bright cutting and just pollish the bracelet. Let the background provide the bling and blacken the engraving as contrast. If you don't have a buffer, try Micromesh abrasive pads or sheets:

http://micro-surface.com/

You can get a mirror finish with them. A bit expensive (compared to regular sandpaper), but they last a long time. They go from 1500 grit to 12000 grit! They work on metal, plastic, wood almost everything. In fact after polishing a painted finish with them once, I noticed that my fingertips were glossy! I have used them many times and got a better finish that I could get with jeweler's rouge on a buffer.:thumbs up:

Dan

Last edited:

AndrosCreations

Elite Cafe Member
Real nice work, Jim! I wish I could contribute to answering your question.

Lookin real sharp. I'm sure the recipient will love it. :beerchug:

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice and a unique style of engraving design. Reminds me of fall with a leaf here and a leaf there, and one or two still on the branch. Good job.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks good Jim, perhaps you could use some chemical to blacken the copper and after that use a lap with 1000 or 1200 grit sandpaper so it will show up better.
Just my idea on your question.

arnaud

Jim Sackett

Elite Cafe Member
Hi
Arnaud blackening is an option of last resort. I've tryed to highlight the leaves a bit and polished the shield where the name goes. Maybe that will be enough. I discovered that even our water wants to turn copper black. So finishing touches= scrub bent bracelet with lighter fluid then alcohol and spray with clear lacquer. Hope it works.

Jim

Joe Jacob

Jim
Looks good. I tend to like copper, something about the color when polished.
I'm curious as to which metal former you used, and any comments on it's use.

Joe

Latest posts

Sponsors