Bradshaw Farquharson 22 hornet

This is one of my falling block rifles in .22 Hornet. The action is my own design, but leans heavily on the Farquharson patents for the extractor and cocking mechanisms. The firing pin is in-line with the bore, which is an improvement over the original design. Now on to the engraving....

And a picture of the rifle assembled before engraving, it's on the right. One of my double rifles is on the left, also in .22 hornet.

tolesh

bailey, Very nice work! who made the heel and toe plates? and do you sell them?

Charlie

Elite Cafe Member
I like your kind of work Man.

You got a store bought 22 Horner chamber reamer?

Thanks,

I did all the work on the rifle with some help from my oldest son.

Tolesh,

I did make the heel and toe plates. Would be happy to make a set if you would like.

Charlie,

I used a PTG reamer for chambering my hornets. This rifle is very accurate.

K-Swift,

I am a licensed manufacturer. feel free to give me a call at 903-746-0004 if you would like more info. My website is in progress and should be up soon.

All the best,
Bail

Dan Grubaugh

Baily....absoluttely superb work all the way around! I love seeing the rifles you make and your engraving! Thank you very much for showing!

Best,
Dan

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Bailey,
Will you be in Reno this year? I sure would like to look your farquharson over. I'm sure Fega would like you to display.
Thanks for showing.
Glenn

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I did make the heel and toe plates.
Bailey,
In the picture that shows those items, there appears to be shallow drill hole....perhaps where your duplicator center was. How did you finish that area up?

Hora

Elite Cafe Member
I love the movement in the scrolls. The deep relief is excellent and adds life to the scrolls. A great study object for me, tanks!

Dkanger,

I use a plug made from a pice cut from the stock blank, and the butt will be checkered.

I CNC the stocks to about 95 % finished shape. My mill has just enough travel to fit the stock between the 4th axis rotarty table and the rear center. I would like to come up with another method to secure the butt so there are no marks.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I would like to come up with another method to secure the butt so there are no marks.
CNC is neat if you have it. I've got a 2 station, manual stock carver. It will duplicate from an original, but if it's something custom I have to make the pattern by hand and then keep it for future use on the off chance that someone else will request it. So, most of my stocks are shaped by hand instead of with the machine.

You can see in the pictures that I have centers at both ends. The centers at the rear are equipted with detents spaced 90 degrees apart and rotated with a hand crank. The pattern stock is manually traced with a stylus on the machine. If duplicating something, I add blocks of wood at each end and stick them on with double-stick tape for the centers to locate on. Then that part is rasped off on the duplicated stock. In your case, I think a small aluminum plate affixed at the butt would eliminate the need to plug your hole, but you will still have to hand finish the final part.

The top and bottom stocks are ones that amateur builders screwed up the inletting on and sent to me for restocking. The bad inlets will be filled with bondo and then used as patterns. The center one is a pattern stock.

Sponsors