I was on TV

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
That was cool experience indeed. I did try to instruct the cameramen how to film engraving, but they didn't get everything right. Maybe next time.

Andrew, no Britannica here, but Soviet Estonian Encyclopedia's A..T 4 volumes are waiting in line, 700 pages each :)

Mario, you were quite right - millimeeter, Ameerika and probably unikaalne (unique).

Steinar, you're spot on, Finnish and Estonian are related and do sound and look very close. And both are quite hard to learn. If there's a will, there's a way. I looked for proper TV show to show my engraving for quite a long time, now I found it. I'm sure there are a lot of opportunities in Norway too.

Viljo

Last edited:

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
One day the guy on TV will be me, only the language will be Norwegian. :big grin:

Steinar,

That is the right attitude to achieve your goals. All you have to do is work as hard and dedicated as Viljo and travel around the world for instruction like he has done.

Viljo,

Well deserved recognition. You have earned it:thumbs up: We have got to find some more Estonian engravers or my Estonian Engravers book will be a little thin;)

Roger

Boris

Very nice presentation, Vilts. Wish I could have understood the language better. Maybe if I had remembered some of my Latvian, from moms side of the family, it would have helped. Hope you get flooded with work now. Thanks for sharing it.

Boris

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice program! Couldn't understand a single word, but the music added drama and gave it a sense of epic grandeur, and obviously you seem to interview quite well. So tell me, are you designing electrical circuits in your spare time? Just looking at the chalkboard behind you in the segment.

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
About the background circuits, that was added for coolness effect, their idea :). I do build amps and other audio stuff, though I don't have time to start designing them.

Very nice program! Couldn't understand a single word, but the music added drama and gave it a sense of epic grandeur, and obviously you seem to interview quite well. So tell me, are you designing electrical circuits in your spare time? Just looking at the chalkboard behind you in the segment.

Latest posts

Sponsors