Cirelli Transfer Solution bottle label

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
that's overkill ! mine's simply labeled, "cirelli sauce" it's awful on a hotdog or hamburger !
mike: like it or not, you're stuck with the patent rights !

Last edited:

mvangle

Elite Cafe Member
Let me thank Mike Cirelli and Doc Martin for getting me to try the "Cirelli Formula".

I wanted to let my 8 year old grand son have a try at his first engraving project which would be Woody Wood Pecker.

After about 1 hour of multiple attempts to transfer the image with just the copy and acetone, I gave up.:mad:

We would try again another day.:(

Thanks to Mike's and Doc's posts I rounded up the items needed with only the glass container presenting the major problem. Tried art stores (no glass), craft stores (4 oz jelly jar with rubber seal), drug store pharmacy (no glass):thinking:

Just happened to be walking out of the drug store when I spied the perfect container. A 6 oz glass wine bottle. $3.49 plus I had to empty it. (added benefit).:)

Process:
Empty wine bottle (use imagination for your own technique)
Mixed 4 oz Zippo (purchase anywhere) with 1 oz damar (art store) in the, now empty, wine bottle.
Make copy of reduced Woody on my Brother DCP-7040 All in One Laser Jet.
Used the Scotch tape to tape Reynolds Genuine Parchment Paper (grocery store) squire over original reduced copy and made another copy over parchment feeding the copy with taped parchment into the manual feed slot.
Parchment transfer came out PERFECT.:clapping:

Cleaned practice plate with soap & hot water to remove all oils.
Applied Cirelli solution.
Let it become tacky.
Line up image on plate. Burnish. (I rushed the burnishing a bit causing the tail to not completely adhere.) Wala!:thumbsup:

Let the plate set a bit to dry completely.
Sprayed with donated (Wife) hair spray.
Let dry.

Carried around in my pocket for several hours rubbing it with my thumb occasionally with no loss of transfer.
View attachment 31252

Attachments

• Woody Wood Pecker Transfer.jpg
    Woody Wood Pecker Transfer.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 57

Latest posts

Sponsors