Cirelli Transfer Solution bottle label

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I bought the required ingredients, a nice 4 ounce glass bottle to mix and store the solution in, and then had to put a label on it to make it look good. Yep... I know... it's nuts. :shock:

Formula:
Solution 75 to 80 % Synthetic Isoparaffinic Hydrocarbon (Zippo new formula lighter fluid) and 20 to 25 % Damar varnish

Thread: Transfer solution for inkjets by Cirelli

Last edited:

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Neal,

Nice!

Have you posted your favorite mix of percentage Damar/ Lighter fluid?

Ever mixed in a white coloring ingredient?

Rod

I haven't tried a coloring agent yet like Arnaud does. I might give that a try one of these days.

Just to keep things simple and easy to do I measured half way up the side of the 2 1/2 ounce bottle of Grumbacher Damar Varnish and made a mark with a felt tip pen. I then poured half of it into a 4 ounce glass bottle and filled it to the neck with the Zippo lighter fluid.

It works perfectly. I used my new $50 Samsung laser printer and the baking parchment paper as per the various threads on the subject and got a 100% transfer. :banana:

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ha Neal nice label. Have you tried Reynolds white parchment paper? You can see through it a bit, it makes it easier to line up were it needs to be.

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ha Neal nice label. Have you tried Reynolds white parchment paper? You can see through it a bit, it makes it easier to line up were it needs to be.

I've got a huge roll of Chef's Select brand that'll last me several lifetimes I think. It's semi-transparent also.

Glad you like the label. :big grin::thumbs up:

mrthe

Very nice Label,now i have only to try the solution,where i can find the formula?

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I use that Cirelli solution too, wil print one and glue it on the bottle

thanks for it Doc.

arnaud

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i've dishonored mike; i labelled my bottle "cirelli sauce". just used a magic marker. i did add white, powdered tempera paint. just a bit at a time, till it was just right for me. takes pencil marks when needed, doesn't flake away when cutting, and is reasonably resistant to finger smuging.

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Monk you can call it whatever you want. No need to reference me. I put it out there for all to use. If it works for someone great if not who cares. That's a good idea putting paint in it. I guess Arnuad does that also? Now you guys got me thinking again. Damn it.

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have a bottle of the TW white solution and it smells like butyrate dope to me. That's a special type of paint that is used on cloth covered aircraft. There are two main types of airplane dope. Nitrate and Butyrate. I'd know that smell anywhere. :)

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
mike: if you try the white tempera, don't use your regular bottle. that way, if you don't like it you still have your original. after i added the white, i added a glass marble into the bottle to facilitate good mixing. kind of funny, i made up a bottle of this and sent it to an engraver. he said it doesn't work for him. all i know is it works quite well for me and the printer i use.

Latest posts

Sponsors