Playing/Practicing

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I been playing with corel draw, photoshop, & auto cad. I traced a bolster of a knife I've been building then scanned the out line of the bolster into corel draw, blew it up to about 2" + X 3" +- and took it to work and drew a scroll. Took it back home and scanned it again & opened it up in AutoCad Because It's easier for me to trace in Auto cad than Corel until I figure corel draw out. Anyway my idea was fine lines, so I traced the drawing in autocad then printed it then scanned it again & brought it up in Corel & shrank it down to the size I needed it. ( I know if I could spend some time with some of you guys yall could teach me how to by pass a bunch of steps but O well) Met a sweet lady a while back (Shanna Moran) that has been to one of Sam's classes & she taught me how to transfer, I love it & am fixen to get me a Epson printer & go from there. I emailed her my drawing to scale she printed several out for me and here are the results of my playing. I'll get better in time, but I'm having a blast. :eek: I'm struggling with my shading but I'm still practicing. Later, Dwayne

ChrisB

Elite Cafe Member
DDushane, I use AutoCad a Lot, even @ work, You can Scale Down or up in AutoCad, No Need to use another Program!!
I normally Draw my Engraving 2X the actual size, I find that it gives me a good relation not to draw too a fine pattern to engrave or too large.
Scan it, pull it into autoCad, trace it, and then just scale it down too the size I need, Printing to the Epson, I just Select NONE in the Plot Style Table, and it comes out very thin. that is the lines.
I have also set up my Epson, to Tom Whites Instructions, and it works fine.
ChrisB.

Latest posts

Sponsors