Western engraving

Anyone know if the Jeremiah Watt tape is worth the investment for someone who can't spare the time to go to a school? What I mean is do you actually get enough instruction to get started? I've already been burned on a couple of "instructional" tapes where all you get is watching the operator, but no real instruction on what they are doing and why. I've been practicing, but feel that it's time to pick a direction and get good at it, then maybe learn something else. Thanks, Mike

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mike I purchased it and thought it to be quite informative. The sharpening technique has advanced since then. The video will take you step by step through the different cuts. I only purchased the one titled Cowboy Engraving. I had virtually no clue before watching the tape. I had posted on the forum a couple engravings after watching it. You can judge for yourself.
Mike

bitmaker

Mike,
I have all 3 videos and they were a great help to me. I'm a bit and spur maker so that video was a great help with a lot of new ideas for me, but also I had no experience with silversmithing or engraving. I think the are well worth the investment.
Jim