Question: For you South Africans

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
A gentleman from SA has approached me and wants to buy a muzzleloading gun barrel and lock from me. He is a farmer living in the Karoo area. He tells me that muzzleloaders are not considered guns there anymore and are exempt from all regulations. Not knowing your laws, or those here regarding the exportation of such parts, I am hesitant about getting involved in this deal.

I avoided a fiasco some years back when a gentleman from SA wanted to buy 6 guns from me and said he had an uncle who lived in the US who would wire payment from his bank to mine and what was my account number. I told him that I had an account just for that purpose, but I only kept $100 in it and transferred any incoming funds out of it immediately. Never heard from him again.

While this guy may be legitimate, I can foresee pitfalls. Any advice?
I think I will have him order from Track of the Wolf or Dixie Gun Works instead.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
DKanger,Watch out who you deal with,let them go to Track or Dixie.Who need problems when it comes to guns. J.J.

ChrisB

Elite Cafe Member
Dkanger, Our Laws don't Excempt all laws on Muzzle Loaders, You Still Have to Apply for a License to Obtain and Store Gun Powder. Before You Can Own a Muzzle Loader.

Send Me a P.M. with his info, Maybe I can Contact Him On Your Behalve.?

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Chris,
I don't have all his info yet as we are just in preliminary contact. I may pawn him off on one of the major suppliers who regularly deal with this. There is very little profit to be made on these items on my part. Still, I might contact you later for advice.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
now is no time to take any chance whatso ever. one day soon, i may have to register my slingshot !

ChrisB

Elite Cafe Member
Monk, You Are Right, They Actually Started a New "Dangerous Weapons Act" 2 years ago, (Still has to be passed Thru Parlement.) where Slingshots, Knives, Certain PaintBall Guns, BB guns etc. are listed. Ha Ha Haaaaa!

Latest posts

Sponsors