OT housebreaking our studio

Mario Sarto

Elite Cafe Member
The day before yesterday there was a housebreaking into our workshop. The pieces, which are stolen, are unique ones.

I don't think, the thieves will sell them in Germany, but who knows. Perhaps they offer them to my European colleagues...

If you can find some time, please have look at some pictures i released at our homepage. This is the link.

Thank you!
Mario

RoycroftRon

Elite Cafe Member
Sorry for your Loss Mario. I hope they are caught and you get your property returned soon.

It is fortunate that you have good photography of some of the pieces stolen. I think it lesson that we all should head. Photograph your work and tools so that police (and insurers) will be able to identify your property if something happens.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mario, I can’t tell my feelings about that in English, but sure it is a big lost of confidence in people and a financial / time waste for you.
In het Nederlands: Dat het dik klote is als je zoiets overkomt en ik leef met je mee.

Over here no one would steel silver objects as the material is not precious enough; only gold diamonds etc.
I have taken a good look at those nice jewels you made, but sure they never will try to sell it at my shop in Essen. Never the less, in Antwerp they can sell those without any problems.

I will keep my eyes open, keep us informed if you have more information.
And perhaps after some time you will get over this what happened.
Zeker dat je er littekens aan overhoud.

arnaud

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Mario,
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.
It's a shame that bad things happen to good people.
Hope you get your things returned and the thieves spend some unhappy time in prison.

Best regards.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mario,

I too feel badly for the loss of your jewels, especially your violin. All of us here understand that these things are much more to you than the monetary value when your dedicated work is in them. They can not be replaced by an insurance payment. It is unfortunate that even in a small German village there are jewel thieves. I hope the polizei takes your case seriously.

Good luck,

Roger

Mario Sarto

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you all for your sympathize and kind words! They mean a lot to me.
Of course the few photos aren't all stolen items - about five percent maybe. But they show very unique items and perhaps someone remembers one day, this is my hope, a very petty change indeed.

So i have to be diligent threefold to absorb this mildly - Xmas isn't far off.

All the best, Mario.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mario,
Most burglars are not professionals, but someone you know or who is familiar with your shop. Delivery people who come to your shop frequently are good suspects....also previous employees if you had any. Often petty thieves who only steal to buy drugs. Keep your ears to the local grapevine as the information often leaks out to others and you can find out what the police cannot.

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. We had a lift once at my store. The police dusted for fingerprints and they caught the bad guys almost six years later. The value was that of a felony count so they made restitution. It's just a shame you lost some beautiful irreplaceable items.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
mario: i know your loss is more than just money. it's a violation of your soul & spirit as well. maybe i'm not allowed to say this, but may the vultures rot in hell who violated you !

Veizman

Mario, I am sorry for the loss, just checked the link and your works are beautiful.

Latest posts

Sponsors