A few knives.

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
Here are a few knives I have completed over the summer. The first ones theme is Days Gone By. Slipjoint knives(traditionals) hold some nostalgia, so that influenced the theme. Both the Cowboy and the indian are looking back at memories of their youth, knowing those memories can never be again. The buffalo are gone and the wild west is not as wild any more.

The Galaxy knife was pretty fun, not a lot of skill needed to draw a bunch of circles. I made up for it with the multi colored inlays as well as the entire black area is bulino dotted. I wanted it to be low relief so I went in and dotted it all. That took some time but I felt it would be worth not to have the edges of the high areas show, like when you deeply remove the background.

The other three are just scroll work, one does have red gold incorporated into the design which is a bit different. Anyway, thanks for taking a look. Brian

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
"Just scrollwork".

Sir, I only wish I could come close to those, let alone the others.

Thanks for giving us something to shoot for!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Bunic

Elite Cafe Member
I love the various 'colors' of gold! And beautiful scroll work. Tnx!

OBTW - How many avatars does Malouf have???

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
Chris, I think your imagination is getting the best of you. I was not going to post up any nudes, but here you go, this is a close up of one I did back in July. Pink and yellow gold hair, green gold tails.

Thanks all for the kind words. Best regards. Brian

]

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I was just driving home from work a few minutes ago and thought about calling you since I haven't heard a peep out of you since blade I don't think.

I sat down here first with this laptop though to check the forums and my mail and this thread pops up. Now I know what you've been busy doing the last few months. Great work!

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I agree with Jeff,

Great work, Brian! We do not need those fancy Hollywood 3D glasses to admire your scroll work, they have a wonderful sense of depth.

Rod

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
FANTASTIC work Brian. A lot of variety, and it would be difficult to pick a favorite, as each has a different type of appeal.

That Galaxy knife is VERY different and really has a cool look.

Peter

Latest posts

Sponsors