Two very cool events

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
A few minutes ago, the International Space Station appeared over the Pacifc Ocean horizon, and I had a full view from the window by my engraving bench. Came right at me from the South West, as bright as Venus, 17,000 miles per hour, and with some adventurous souls on board. It blinked out, entering the Earth's shadow as it reached overhead .....cool!

Oh yeah, another cool event ... I walked my daughter down the aisle last weekend, upon her wedding day to a fine young man !

Rod

Attachments

• father and bride 2.jpg
    father and bride 2.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 130

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Congratulations my friend. You have a lovely daughter......she must have a beautiful mother. At least that's what I hear when people see my daughters and me. Hehehehe

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Rod,
Congrats. Walked my youngest Daughter down the Aisle on Oct 16. Must be a good month to get married. See ya in Reno.
Sandy

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
We timed it well, Sandy, just a day apart!

True, Lee, my wife, Kathleen, is a good looking sheep farmer's daughter, from Minnesota. Maybe I can talk her into coming to Reno in January....

Rod

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
congratulations, my good man. i can say with pride, a few years ago, i walked my daughter down the aisle. as i recall, my eyes were slightly watery.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you, Monk!

Her's were the same, her heart beating fast, only the skirl of the bagpipes propelled her into action. After the first step forward, she was fully enrolled and it all unfolded beautifully. After the pipes, we precessed down the aisle as one of my flutes played a Bach Andante with cello and harp.

Andrew, any chance of you flying up to Reno on the Space Station? It would take about 20 minutes from Christchurch.

Bunic

Elite Cafe Member
Rod,

A few years back the Ham community was apprised of the visibility of the shuttle that could be seen every 45 minutes of orbit at sunset. It was so exciting knowing what that shiny object crossing the evening sky was. All my younger children were able to witness it with great excitement.

Oh yeah, Congrats on the wedding. She is a beauty!!

Kevin P.

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You're a lucky man Rod and the father of a lovely young woman.
You should read her Yeats' "A Prayer for my Daughter" to top it off.
Kevin P.

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
Congratulations to a beautiful bride and a proud father. I pray that she will be blessed with a loving marriage and family.

WDA

Congratulations to all.................Bride , groom and family. I can almost hear the
pipes and flute now. Rod , you have a beautiful daughter . Best wishes to all.

Bill A.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bill !

I was just about to email you! But let me have your real email, write me at:

rcameron@mcn.org

Kevin, thanks for yours! I like Yeats, but did not know this one?

"...I shall arise and go now..." and find it on google, thank you.

best

Rod

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks, Dave!

If you walk round the corner to your neighbor, my sister, she will bend your ear about the wedding. She and the General attended, accompanied by her son, Johnny Cameron Mitchell. The day after the wedding, Johnny handed out tickets to the premier of his new movie, which took place just down the road in the Bay Area. Nicole Kidman had asked him to direct her in the movie, "Rabbit Hole" My nephew is coming up in the world. The premier was a hit.

best

Rod

Latest posts

Sponsors