Meiji Microscope

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
I see that the same people who sold me my microscope have a Meiji EMZ for $425.00 Ebay #320100104557. This is worth looking at if any of you need a scope.

jimnjudylaird

Scope Specs

Appreciate you posting this as a "heads up." I'm a beginner engraver and wonder if you can tell from the scope specs how well it meets what one looks for? Thanks for the help. Jim

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Jim, I purchased this same scope from this same company. Mine is an EMZ 5 which is the scope sold by GRS. I Paid a little less than this price and added a .5 optic lense which seems to be perfect for me. These people seemed to be very professional in their business operation. Best of luck. By the way, you are on the greatest forum an engraver could hope for.

jimnjudylaird

Glenn,

I'm now the proud owner of the Microscope you alerted us to on eBay.....the EMZ 5, 10X Super Widefield Eyepiece, .7X - 4.5 magnification with 16" boom stand. And you are right -- the Tech Recovery folks are great to deal with. Unfortunately, the fellow most knowledgeable about Meiji scopes is on sick leave and others are trying to fill in. Since (having read some of the postings on this much appreciated forum) I assume I need to add an objective lense, I asked if they had available either the .5 (MA517 lense, working distance 148mm) or the .75 (MA526, 97 mm working distance). They are checking and will call in the morning. The fact is, I have no idea what I'm talking about here. I'm on the short side (5'-8") and wondered if I need both or if one would suffice? Can you give me a ball park on price to look for? I sure am ignorant on this subject and would appreciate a leg up. Thanks in advance. Jim

ihsfab

Elite Cafe Member
Gee Thanks Glenn :p I've been watching this scope since it got listed. Then you and go and tell everybody;) . Jim I hope the scope serves you well. It looks like the only thing that you will need to get is a .5 barlow lens and you will be set.

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Jim,
A new .5 objective lens costs $100.00. If you can get a used one for a better price go for it. You can also get a .3 objective lens which gives even more distance between the scope and your work piece, but the magnification is cut way down.
Welcome to the world of magnification;)

Sorry Kulley!

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
Stereo Microscope

Almost any stereo microscope will help you do what you would like...
Best choice and the less exp would be a stereo olympus...
First you have to know what you would like to engrave W/ an opticview headset or microscope...
I have tried most and I use a Miji, because I found 2 on ebay...
There's no diffrence W/.05 reduction lens from one to the other and you will be suprised...
I started with a Olympus microscope I used for grading gem stones...
Most fit GRS adjustable holders...
If you have any questions ask...
Hope some help...
Keep Looking,and buy one, If you don't like it resell IT...

JL

Swede

I bought one of those from Tech Recovery a while back - clean and ready to work when you add an objective. A real bargain at $425. May I recomend simply buying the objective from a Meiji dealer? You know it'll be new, perfect, and ready to go.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors