Engraved ring

canadian

Elite Cafe Member
Nice job Yoni.
The ring is very attractive.
I like the way you made it from one sheet on silver as opposed to making a wax and casting.
Best,
Boris

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Love it, love it, love it!!!! What a great ring. Seeing the way you've made it from flat sheet is great. Could you please tell us how you sized it? It'd be great to see this from all angles and know how to make them in different sizes (but please don't tell me it's anything to do with pi!) . Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

Veizman

Marcus, don't worry there is no need for pi.

The sketch is simply resized to 5-5.5 cm/2-2.2 in, which makes it suitable for a wide range of sizes.

Veizman

David,
The ring was shaped slowly and gradually with a piece of thick cloth separating the silver sheet from the pliers.
It's not a perfect process as the rounding itself can create small tears in the metal that have to be polished/re-engraved. The last thing to do is the background because the soldering slightly whitens the silver (even when dipped in boric acid) so with a round bur I quickly pass through the background again and finally use the punch.

Last edited:

Jason Perkins

Viezman... How the heck did you get the mirror image on those last two photos? Although, they aren't, are they?

Veizman

Jason,

The design was scanned and turned to its mirror image using Windows Painter (1. turn vertical 2. turn 180 degrees).