Engraved ring

Veizman

After reading Ron Smith's book "Advanced Drawing of Scrolls" I was inspired to create a design that utilizes the angular shapes of rifle plates in a jewelry piece.

This is the result.

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I see your a lefty. Great job on the engraving and the design. Cool ring and thanks for posting.

jack

I like it. Now for the big question, how long did it take to do this?

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Welcome to the Cafe! Very nicely cut and I love the depth. And I wish all members would upload photos of this quality. Bravo!

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
VERY nicely done. Creative pictures too!

Welcome, and hope to see more of your creations:big grin:

Kevin P.

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yoni, Your engraving looks great; and as a jeweler I'm even more impressed by your design.
It's unique.
Congratulations. It inspires me.
Kevin P.

Kevin P.

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yoni, if you don't mind where are you physically located?

You're obviously not a beginner; how about sharing some details of your back round?

Kevin P.

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Great job, very nice this deep cut.
I also was wondering, what is your engraving expirience, this isn't your first piece I think.
It came out beautyful!!!
How did you transfer your drawing to the metal??
Willem

Veizman

Jack, it took me about a week, working several hours each day.

Kevin, I'm located in Israel and work in a jewelry workshop, my everyday GraverMach work is mostly stone setting and lettering.

Willem, the sketch is scanned and turned to its mirror image using Windows Painter (1. turn vertical 2. turn 180 degrees).

Next, the file is copied and resized using MS Word. With the picture tools, I reduce the brightness till the background is gray and then increase the contrast till the background is nearly white again.

The page is printed using an Hp LaserJet 1020 printer and finally with a piece of paper towel soaked in acetone (not too much) I transfer the design onto the metal sheet.

[youtube]l7CeysOsMas[/youtube]

Veizman

v 2.0 - with simplified design, adding some room for stone setting and making the pattern more visible on the finger.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Another NICE ring Yoni! I like the thickness of the ring also. What guage silver are you using?

Thanks

Sponsors