R. Swartley 1976

Markofx

Hi everyone,

Here's a photo of one of America's best engravers for study. I've got to go thru them all, but I'll keep posting them for your files. Interesting scroll work.

Mark

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I've always been a big fan of Swartley's work. He's definitely one of the best. Thanks for posting this.

Markofx

R. Swartley

Sam,

Thanks for the photo, he could make a living doing this. Here's another Engraver that's showing promise,
Kornbrath, butt plate. Nice border work.

Mark

Last edited:

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Thank you, Mark. I have not seen that Kornbrath photo before, or at least do not remember it. Kornbrath was my first "hero" when I started studying engraving. Here is a picture of his business card intaglia printed from his engraving. The card is one of my prized possessions.

Attachments

• Kornbrath card.jpg
    Kornbrath card.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 130

Markofx

George Sherwood practice plates

Hi Everyone,

Thanks again Sam, I haden't seen this photo either. This practice plate is for anyone interested in different styles of engraving. If you want I can go back and cover each picture so when their scaned they'll be a larger format.
Thanks, Mark

Last edited:

Karl Stubenvoll

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the chance to see these plates. I especially like that running leaf border in the upper left spot. Here's hoping you can post larger images of each.

Karl

Latest posts

Sponsors