Help, please: Problem w Air compressor

Harpuahound

Elite Cafe Member
I have a nice Silent Air compressor from GRS less than two years old. Problem is its refilling the tank every 3minutes, if im not engraving, sooner if I am. I have tried soapy water on all hose connections. Nothing leaking that I can tell. Starting to suspect the foot pedal but my handpiece is dead still when not in use. Any tips or ideas are very welcome. Sending it to GRS for a couple weeks is the VERY LAST thing i want to do. I trust them I just cant imagine living without it for that long. Thanks in advance.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Call the GRS tech department. JB Taylor is good at figuring out things over the phone.
There is a "bleed off" on Gravermax. The Gravermach has a solenoid on the on-off switch. Even so, I have a 1/4 turn shut off valve mounted near the machine and shut the air off when not in use. As you mentioned the foot pedal can leak if it gets dirty.
A check of the GRS web site has tips and a call to the tech should get you up and running I think.

jack

I agree that JB is the guy to talk too. A turn off will probably do the job. I have had very little problems with my Sil and it is 10 years old. Jack

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I use the Quick Disconnect to unhook my GraverMach when not in use but unless you've got a really tiny tank it sounds like it's refilling sooner than just the little air the GRS units 'leak' would account for.

Have you checked your drain valve? You know, the one on the bottom you're supposed to open up every day or so to drain the water out of the tank. If that's loose you'd have a constant leak that could be pretty large. Since it's on the bottom it's not the sort of thing you'd (usually) think to check with soapy water.

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
What does it do when you close the air valve down that feeds the line to your equipement? Does your unit cycle then?
Rex is correct. Give JB a call he will figure it out for you.

Sandy

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well first disconnect anything to the compressor, and pressurize check for leaks then add one item at a time and repeat untill you fine the leak

Latest posts

Sponsors