In the white??

griff silver

Elite Cafe Member
I think I have found a local gunsmith place that will disasemble and reasemble when complete. I need to know what exactly what to tell them I want. when i spoken to the sales lady on the phone she said" ok so u want us to disassemble and blast it right? That didnt sound right to me!! The place is Briley's in houston and they are also a competion gun manufacturer.

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I would highly recommend that your intial if not first several conversations be conducted face to face with parts in hand. Elsewise..... someone is going to be unhappy

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Although I would also seriously recommend that anyone trying to get into gun engraving learn how to dissasemble and assemble yourself. Less heartaches and trips back forth too when you forgot how something goes and need it reassembled patially to see how it looks on the finished gun.

MICHAEL

Elite Cafe Member
Griff, I got into guns only 2 years ago and didn't know anything about firearms assembly / disassembly. I did an internet search and found the NRA books on disassembly / assembly. They have been and continue to be a great resource to me. Hope this helps.:thumbs up:

griff silver

Elite Cafe Member
thnks guys but i guess my question wasnt clear, its not the dissasembly i "need" i dont want to do the metal prep work.

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
All the more reason why you need a F2F discussion of what you want and what they are going to do.

Blast is one form of metal prep, and the easiest for them, but i doubt it is what you want to engrave on.

Latest posts

Sponsors