Announcement: OWWAMO'S gathering

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I am posting this for those of you who like old machinery. If your interested in attending Dan's contact info is below. Don't contact me it aint my party:)

Greetings To All,

The first Old Wood and Metalworking Machine Operators (OWAMMO’S) Gathering was held in Carthage, Mo. on 5/7/2007 and began as an idea of Dan and Carolyn Wyatt. So much fun was had by all that we decided to have 2 per year, so this will make our 8th OWAMMO’S Gathering! As was mentioned last spring we have outgrown our original location in and around my sheds at our place in Carthage so in keeping with our desires to keep the spirit of this family oriented event that has been experienced by many over the years, we moved the OWAMMO’s Gathering to Branson, Mo. We have since found a better area in Hollister, MO to have our event, which is only a few miles where we were in the spring. This setting for our gathering for this fall is nestled on a hill side around a neat old restored railroad depot (please see pics of the area on our web site listed below). We have set the dates for the Fall 2010 OWAMMO’s Gathering for October 22 - 23 / 2010 that will provide more room and a good time for the entire family with all that is available to do in Branson!

In the past we have had to limit the number of people that attended our gathering due to space constraints, so we couldn’t post an “open invitation†to the event on any metalworking or woodworking forums, but now is different and we wish to invite anyone who would like to attend. Our OWAMMO’s Planning Team is comprised of people that like old wood and / or old metalworking machinery and related interests and they have been working for quite some time now planning an event by which we can open the invitation to many. We would like to extend that invitation now to you!

Please join us in Hollister / Branson, Mo. on October 22 & 23, 2010 for a big old-fashioned “old wood and metalworking machinery swap meetâ€, and the associated exhibits / demonstrations / goodies that we have planned around this family oriented event. Obviously we cannot predict with accuracy the total numbers that may attend, but we are posting this invitation on about 20 forums and estimate that we could have 150-250 people attend our gathering. We have had some interest in blacksmithing and model engines over the years so we decided this year to invite several clubs and organizations from these 2 subjects to come have fun with us. We are excited that many new people will be joining us who are akin to our interests. Also remember that the Hollister / Branson area offers a multitude of wonderful attractions, shopping, excellent restaurants, and things for the spouse and children to experience so please have your family look over the “Branson†link under “EVENT†on our web page.

Our web page (www.owammos.com) has all of the pertinent information so feel free go over, browse around, and hopefully register so you can come and join us! It features a registration form, motel information, scheduling, and other useful information regarding the event. Please check the web site often, and sign up for email updates via the online web form. Also we have added a "For the Ladies" under the "Event" link for those who are bringing their wives.

The cost for the gathering will be $25.00 per person for the two-day event if you register before October 15th, and your Spouse and children (under 18) get in for free! After October 15th the cost of registration will be $30.00, but again, your Spouse and children (under 18) get in for free.

We honor all Disabled Veterans, and for those Disabled Veterans who wish to attend our event we are waving all registration costs for your and your immediate family and we thank you for your service to our Country. Please send me a private email to oldtriumphs@hotmail.com and I will arrange to wave our registration costs.

Obviously you can stay wherever you like while attending our event, but the greatest percentage stayed at the Branson Towers. Due to other groups and people needing rooms in the fall I was only able to reserve a block of 40 some rooms, but I did get a "special" rate of $58.95 plus tax so if you want to stay there you probably need to book a room asap. Here is the web address for Branson Towers Hotel: www.bransontowers.com
The phone number is 800-683-1122 and again ask for “the OWAMMO's Gathering group rate†when booking to get this special rate. The address is:
Branson Towers Hotel
236 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway
Branson, MO

Here are the "special" priced rooms description:
A standard two queen bed room with iron and ironing board, coffee maker, hairdryer. There is also an indoor pool and hot tub, and complimentary hot breakfast each morning. We will also have the same hospitality room for the group to gather in during our entire stay and we thank Jeanie Walker who is the Director of Sales for the extra perk.

As we did last spring we will be inviting several manufacturers to exhibit a host of products having to do with the restoration of old wood and metalworking machinery - or using them! Necessities such as blades, drills, machining tools, abrasives, etc. will be featured, as well as items used to make wood and metalworking projects. We don’t have them yet posted as we are still working on scheduling, but we will have several demonstrations, workshops and daily door prizes round out the event’s offerings. Please check our web site in the near future for updates.

I would like to extend a special thanks to all of the people that work on the various committees.

Besides the machinery aspect of the OWAMMO’s gatherings, some of the best times are had when surrounded by like-minded people who share your enthusiasm for old wood and metal machinery………..blacksmithing / model engine building / and the list goes on! New friendships are made and old ones rekindled.

We will update the OWAMMO’s Gathering web site from time to time, but please mark your calendar now for the 8th OWAMMO’s gathering:

Hollister & Branson, Mo. on October 22-23 (10/ 22-23/2010)

For those of you that are not familiar with Branson, Mo. and the vast amount of entertainment that is offered there please look at our web site and you will find several links to familiarize you with shows, shopping malls, events, etc.

Branson is seemingly really encouraging flying to Branson and that is evident with the very low air fairs as also seen on a link under the topic of “Bransonâ€

In closing we hope that you will consider attending our OWAMMO’s Gathering. We have already have indications that we will have people from both coasts, Michigan and other parts north, and as far to the south as Atlanta and perhaps Houston. I will try to gather names of attendees from these areas in the case you may want to car/truck pool.

Thanks again..........

Latest posts

Sponsors