Remington 1100 20 Gauge shotgun

kcrutche

Elite Cafe Member
Heres another firearm outline to add to the collection.

Its a Remington 1100 20 Gauge shotgun.

If you print at 8.5 by 11 it is to scale.

Kenneth Crutcher

kcrutche

Elite Cafe Member
Remington 1100

Roger

Thank you for the very nice compliment.

Yes I have the first (left) side mostly completed ( I am waiting for Christian DeCamillis new Bolino DVD) to finish the landscape Background.

I did learn one thing, not to start a project without having a pattern for the complete gun ( both sides ).

I had a vision in my mind of what I wanted, an oval for my sons name and another for a Duck or Goose Bolino.

However with the cutout area for the automatic, (right side) taking so much room, I have tried many Bolino patterns and they all seem to small to look good (for me).

So I am working on a scroll pattern, replacing the Ducks with a pair of flower Festoons.

The first Gun I did was a 870 pump, with the magazine tube tube sticking out of the front of the receiver.

The 870 was bad enough, with one tube, but the 1100 has a tube out of the front and the back.

As soon as you get a nice smooth scroll going, one of those tubes is sticking me in the side (doesn't make it easy to do smooth scrolls).

I have more Remington 870 projects in the works but no more 1100.

You know when you are 75 years old and not that Artistic these patterns do not come that easy.

But I am working hard on it now, so I will come up with something acceptable.

Thank you again for the kind words.

Ken Crutcher

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It will be interesting to see what you can do on that 1100. I wonder if anyone out there ever came up with a way to remove those tubes while working on Remington autoloading or pump shotguns.

kcrutche

Elite Cafe Member
Remington 1100

Roger

I think the tubes are silver soldered in place.

If you had a jig to make sure everything was lined up correctly it probably could be done.

Silver soldering is not a problem, alignment would be the concern.

The easiest solution is to learn to cut smoothly by turning your hand (for part of the scroll) as opposed to turning the vice, and put up with it.

I like the Remington's, they have nice flat sides and if you are purchasing a gun for yourself or a present, they are cheap, If it just wasn't for all that stamped lettering.

I have been thinking about welding over the lettering, I wonder if that has been done (leaving the serial No. of course).

The trick would be to weld in very short burst so as not to over heat the receivers and have that tube fall out.

I know a gunsmith that supposable has several junk Remington receivers (reloading overloads) that I am going to try to get

Something to think about.

Ken

Latest posts

Sponsors