Transfers

kcrutche

Elite Cafe Member
Sorry for the poor Picture quality, this picture does not do the transfer justice.

The transfer is as sharp, clean, black on white, as it could possibly be.

Epson transfer Film could not have been any better.

I made this transfer Using, a Epson C88+ printer, Durabrite Ink, Tom Whites new Transfer Film and Tom Whites Transfer Magic Solution.

The graininess (roughness you see) is because I coated the transfer with a cheap hair spray as a sealer.

Do Not Use the Epson Durabrite Ultra Ink, that comes with the printer, It will make a very poor transfer if any at all.

Now, you must be a Big Boy (or Girl) about this, if you have problems do not blame me.

It Worked Super for me.

I will be happy to help if you have problems.

The Printer is avilable online at the following link.

http://www.google.com/products/cata...og_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CCwQ8wIwAw#

The Transfer Film and Transfer Magic is avilable from Tom White at the following link.

http://users.commspeed.net/ttwhite/hone.htm

I purchased three sets of Auto resetable, refillable Ink cartridges (one for Ink, one for cleanser, and one spare) from the following link.

This printer is setup just for transfers, so I only put ink in the Black cartridge, the Red, Blue and Yellow are empty avoids contamination (however the printer does not know this).

http://www.linexports.com/en/product/item/802/product_detail.html

Ink Link

http://store.inkjetcarts.us/epson-d...100-compatible-pigment-refill-inks-p4702.aspx

Ink Invoice scan

Three Geese

Kenneth Crutcher

Last edited:

Tom White

Kenneth,

I am glad you are up and running with your supplies, yes there is some learning curve involved to get good transfers no matter how you go about it. The new films seem to work with a very broad range of inks with some of the cheap refills being the best not the expensive name brands. I like your results and am ordering some of these tanks today. I will be adding the new white base transfer solution to my page by this weekend everyone that tested it for me was very pleased with it.

Tom White
Transfer Solutions

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Andrew

I'll jump in on that - Tom recently had some volunteers beta test a new formulation he has that gives you a whitish coating.

The testers all seemed to love it - it not only takes transfers well, you can apparently draw on it with a pencil with at least some correction ability. I'm thinking of getting some once it hits full production.

kcrutche

Elite Cafe Member
Tom

Got everything except the new Transfer Solution.

Everything works great.

Andrew and Steve

I haven't gotten the new stuff yet.

I will report after I have tried it.

Ken

Now, I had several private Messages this morning.

Sorry took so long to answer, my Wife had Dr's appointment.

I will try to answer everybody's questions if I can.

The cartridge link opens to the order page for the Epson C88 tanks (same as C88+) , all you have to do is put in quantity.

You will need at least two full sets, I suggest three, one set as a spare (this stuff comes from Honk Kong take advantage of shipping while you can).

The cartridges come with auto set chips installed.

Do a search (on this site) for Super Print head Cleaning Fluid, 100ml costs approx $7.50 USD.

Why Cleaning Fluid?

Durabrite Ink has the reputation of drying out (from lack of use) and plugging the print heads.

Since we do not make transfers everyday, To preclude this from happening, I make sure to print something (maybe just a one inch square) every day.

If I know I will not make a transfer for quite a while, I take out the black ink cartridge, (store it away) put the cartridge with cleaner in it, and print (cleaning Fluid) until it is clear, then store away.

The picture shows six Cartridges, this is for a Epson R200 Printer.

When you get the Cartridges ( the C88 only uses four Cartridges, one black, one Blue, one Red and one Yellow ) they will be empty.

Install the empty color tanks in there proper place.

Now (Black cartridge only) Pull the rubber stopper and replace it in the vent hole (this stops the ink from coming back into the vent) , now use the supplied needle to fill the Cartridge about half full (through the fill hole) of Ink ( Black only).

Take the needle off of the syringe and push the tapered end of the syringe into the black rubber valve on the bottom of the Cartridge and pull back on the plunger to suck about one quarter of the Ink back into the syringe, put the needle back on the syringe put the Ink back into the fill hole, move rubber plug from vent to fill hole, replace the Black Cartridge and you are good to Go.

I know this sounds complicated but it really is easy once you have done it.

When you get ready to do this I can P.M. my phone number and talk you through this step.

The hardest thing is to get that D-- rubber plug back into the hole.

Put the tapered snout of the syringe in the open hole, twist it a bit, sometimes this will open it up enough to get the plug back in place.

This should answer all of your questions, if not let me know.

Kenneth Crutcher

P.S. do this outside with plenty of paper towels for cleanup, you'll probably have ink all over the place.

Tom White

Andrew,

The white base solution is just that it puts down a microthin opaque white layer that will not chip or peel. After a few minutes drying time you can draw on it and even erase with a polymer eraser. The transfers are easier to see under the scope lights because of much less glare and the black on the white gives better vision. I had several testers and all reported the white worked very well for them. I hope this answers your questions.

Tom

Latest posts

Sponsors