Can anyone view pic's posted by Cowboy S.

MICHAEL

Elite Cafe Member
I've been engraving concho's. My friend is pleased with them but I am less than pleased with them. I found some threads in the tutorial by Cowboy Silversmith on bright cut but cannot view any of the pic's. All I see are red X's and I tried clicking them and nothing happens. I feel if I can see the pic's I would get alot more out of his tutorial than just reading it. Please let me know if anyone out there can help me view these pic's. They are on page 2 about halfway down the page under tips. I tried to view them on the computer at work and at home with no luck. Thanks in advace for any help.:thumbs up:

Last edited:

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Michael, That general indicates that the link to the Picture no longer exists. That is always a problem in the forums on the internet. People have the Picture on their computer or photo bucket or somewhere and get it up on a forum then sometime later it is removed from where it was and the link is broken. The only real way to prevent this is to upload pictures to the forums themselves but many don't have the band width required. Sam and Steve have both tired to get folks to upload into albums but unless the link in the posting is linked to the album they still wont show up.

Best advise download to your computer.

Last edited:

MICHAEL

Elite Cafe Member
Fred, Do you mean I can download the tutorial now and view the pics or are they gone forever and ever? Thanks for responding!:thumbs up:

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
They are gone Michael unless the originator puts them back in the same link with the same name. You might drop a message to the cowboy silversmith and see if he can correct. He might even read this tread and let us both known who to get them. Fred

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I took a look. In the 'Bright Cut Scroll' tutorial the picture properties say they're hosted on a 'hiramwest' website and if you try going to it you get a towing company so I'd say the domain expired and has been bought.

Hopefully the pictures are still out there somewhere and just need to be linked to their new homes.

When I do a tutorial I have the pictures on my site but I also tend to do a 'forum' version with uploaded pictures so the whole thing is stored here.

The drawback to that is that it's more work to have the pictures show up nicely in place. To do that you have to upload the picture, then in either figure out the url to where it's stored on the forum and use that for the image tag.

Let me do a quick random test here...

First I'll 'go advanced' and add a picture...

Ok, I've added a shot of my latest hobo nickel. Now if I 'Preview Post' I should see the URL for it on the forum...

Nope - the placeholder that shows during the initial Preview is for a PHP function that will show the picture. I'll have to submit this and then edit the post to get it...

Ok, turns out that didn't make any difference, I still get the .php url:
Code:
http://igraver.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11454&d=1282668206

Let's see if that will work in an IMG tag...

(now to 'go advanced' and see if it worked)

Yes, yes it did! :thumbs up:

Ok, so to sum up: add your picture normally, then Preview your post. You won't see your picture in the Preview but there will be a link. Right click the link and the URL shown for it is what you put inside the IMG tag to have it show in line.

Now I'll take this and edit it down to a separate post the Mods can make into a sticky / tip if they so desire.

Attachments

• SVD0028F.jpg
    SVD0028F.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

MICHAEL

Elite Cafe Member
KCSteve, thanks for the info. I fired off an e-mail asking if Cowboy Silversmith would post the pics if he still had them. I perish the thought the pics are lost. That would be a terrible loss to this community of engravers and future engravers who would like to learn to bright cut, not to mention the time he spent constructing the tutorial.:thumbs up:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
michael: send me your email address. i have all the forum stuff i've sent to the archive on file. as time permits i'll send you what i have. jayismonk450@gmail.com
when you email me, be sure to mention what it is you want me to send, as i may forget.

MICHAEL

Elite Cafe Member
Monk, I got 3 e-mails but no pics or tutorials. Can you put the pics in the tutorial. That way Cowboy Silversmiths tutorial will help everyone. Thanks for trying and sure hope to get the pics. My bright cut is improving but a long way from where I want to be. I'll try to post some pics when I get more time. Just got in from work. Gotta get to bed and be up and at it again at 0' dark 30. Thanks again.:thumbs up:

Latest posts

Sponsors