Ebony and shibuichi waterfall

Jim Kelso

Elite Cafe Member
A waterfall in Ebony and four alloys(seven pieces) of shibuichi (copper/silver alloy). 8" tall. This one just about did me in. I seem to have a real talent for underestimating how long something will take. I started this last November. I spent a lot of time on the design, working out the relationship of all the elements and how to actually pull it off.

You can see some other close-ups here: http://www.jimkelso.com/Galleries/numinouswoodland.gallery/index.html

Attachments

• IMGP2573PSE3.jpg
    IMGP2573PSE3.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 219
  • IMGP2625PSE2.jpg
    IMGP2625PSE2.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 195

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
A gorgeous marriage of Oriental technique, clean simplicity in design, with a slightly more "Western" subject influence! I LOVE IT!

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Outstanding Jim! Very beautiful design. Your skills are amazing. Your study of the metal arts is inspriational to those who of us have followed your work. Fred

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
Stunning, art like this is why I am always amazed at the talent that is shared by the artist on this board. Truely talented!!

Jim Kelso

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks very much all. I appreciate your comments very much.
Here is a photo showing the seven metal pieces before final engraving, polishing and patina. The holes were for pinning them to the Ebony.

Attachments

• IMGP2559.jpg
    IMGP2559.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 58

Patternweldor

Hello Jim,

What an inspiration! from the patinas, to the depth achieved, so expertly executed. wow... you couldn't improve this at all at least in my eyes.

Thanks for the uplift

Chris H.

Latest posts

Sponsors