Scrimshaw: A bunch of new scrimshaw jewelry!

KatherinePlumer

Elite Cafe Member
Hey everyone. I guess I’ve been neglecting my forum-posting duties, so prepared to be overwhelmed with lots of new stuff. :banana: I know that some of you have seen these things on my website/blog/etc but I’ll go ahead and post it all anyway.

I’ve done a bunch of jewelry lately—quite a few right before Blade Show, and a custom piece as well. This is probably the last big bunch of jewelry you’ll see out of me. I’ll explain why when I regale you with a horror story later this week… Definitely wanting to focus more on the knives/pistol grips/fine art. :eek:

So, here they are, penny shown for scale as usual:

Moose pendant
22x30mm
multicolor scrimshaw on pre-ban elephant ivory
sold (custom piece)

Zebras pendant
20mm square
scrimshaw on mammoth ivory
sold

African Sunset pendant
30mm diameter
sold

Baby Panda pendant
18x25mm
sold

Ravens pendant
1x1.25 inches
scrimshaw on pre-ban elephant ivory
sold

Green Sea Turtle pendant
30mm diameter
sold

Honey Bee pendant
11/16 by 15/16 inch
multicolor scrimshaw on mammoth ivory

Stay tuned, I’m posting more stuff!

-Katherine

ps- Monk, you don't need to put these in the album, I'll do it. :big grin:

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
NIce work Katherine. I had to do a double take to make sure the bee wasn't a real one. It looks like it's standing on the ivory.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
WOW Katherine...that is a fantistic bunch of work to say the VERY least. I too really appreciate your posting it, as it is a pleasure to see it.

The coloring and composition of the moose and elephants is stunning, and that honey bee is SO detailed it does look real.

Bunic

Elite Cafe Member
Katherine,

Simply beautiful work! I love your design (esp. the turtle swimming out of the border!).

I got to see the Raven piece when I was at Ray's school a couple of weeks ago! Stunning up close and personal!

I want the Bee! Can we trade????

filbertius

Elite Cafe Member
Sweet, as usual. I especially like the zebras, but the color on the elephants really popped. I wanted to make a comment about the bee totally blocking my view of that last one - but I see I have been "bee"t to the punch. Beautiful!
Gary

Don H

Thank you Katherine!

My wife was the delighted recipient of the moose pendant first pictured in Katherine's post. It was for our 40th wedding aniversery. And no, my wife doesn't look like a moose - she was dubbed "moose" by our then infant daughter and it just stuck.

The pendant is beautiful, but equally impressive was working with Katherine on the project. She was wonderful in all respects from the design to the final product and delivery. I can't thank her enough for her help and honesty. I can't begin to do her justice in recommending her for that special project you have in mind. Thanks again Katherine!!! Don Hansen

KatherinePlumer

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you everybody, and special thank you to Don for posting that here! You are all so kind. :)

So many people are completely nuts about that bee pendant, I really can't believe it's still hanging around here. Go figure!

Sure, I trade! But with another expensive trip coming up, I'll only trade for that green paper stuff with the numbers on it, or the plastic or digital equivalent thereof. ;)

-Katherine

RoycroftRon

Elite Cafe Member
I second Don's good words. My wife was the lucky one that got the Ravens for our 14th. Nothing but positive things to say.

I hope your negative experience does not keep you from jewelry pieces too long. They are fabulous wearable art. :thumbs up:

filbertius

Elite Cafe Member
I think that the bee is still there because the ladies are afraid of being hit with a fly-swatter...
Gary

Latest posts

Sponsors