A Very Sad Day

SharpGraver

Elite Cafe Member
Today I am sad to tell you that a very good and mentor of mine and many others Ron P. Nott passed away at approximately 6:30 EST July 28, 2010

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My most sincere condolences to Ron's family.
I had the pleasure of meeting Ron at the Colt Collectors Show in Houston in 2008 and I found him to be a fine man and a wonderful engraver. He will be missed!

Our prayers will be with his family,
Weldon

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
What terrible news!

I had the pleasure of meeting him at this year's BLADE and even got to see one of his wonderous Colts.

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My God that is bad news. He was a good friend and mentor. I and many others will sorrily miss him. My deepest sympathy goes out to his wife and children. Ron was always willing to help anyone he could and enjoyed doing it. He never denied me a phone conversation. I will really miss talking shop with him.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've known Ron for it seems like a gazillion years. I'm sorry to hear this news. My condolences to his family

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I am stunned by this tragic news. I was unaware that Ron was ill and now he is gone. Hopefully one or more of you who Ron mentored will develop into a fine engraver as Ron's legacy to the future.

Requiescat In Pace

CRB

Andrew Biggs

That is awful news and most unexpected. I had the pleasure of meeting Ron in Reno the first time I came over to the States. He will be very much missed by many in the engraving community and gun and knife shows that he regulary attended.

Some news really sucks!!!

Cheers
Andrew

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It was not that long ago that we spopke on the phone and visited at BLADE. Sorry to hear the news. He was very generous to many of us with his knowledge and passion for engraving.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I too am shocked and saddened by Ron passing away.

I had met Ron several years ago when he set up at a local NCCA show in Waterbury CT. At that time, I knew virtually nothing about engraving, other than I loved the look of it. I got to talking with Ron and he spent a considerable amount of time explaining how it was done, the tools he used, and answered every question I had.

When I arrived at Blade this year, he was one of few people at his table before noon on Thursday. It was great to see him, he critiqued some work I had with me, and I too was priveleged to have him reach into his case under the table and hand me the most beautiful SAA I have ever held.

VERY sad news.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My condolences as well. I don't know Ron, perhaps someone could show some of his best work. That would make it more clear for those like me that are new and don't know the man.

arnaud

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Terribly sad news! While I meet Ron P for the first time at this years Blade I have known him through his work and the forums for several years. His work was wonderful but he will be remembered most for the helping hand he extended to so many. How many time his comments and critiques included a invitation to come to his studio and spend the day with him. So very generous. He will be sorrily missed. My sympathy this his family and his many close Friends. Farewell Ron Gods speed.

Sponsors