How far back does engraving go?

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I read this this morning, kinda cool. I really do believe God has given each of us our abilities & skills, :banana::yes:thumbs up::banana:

Exodus 35:30-36:2 (New King James Version)

The Artisans Called by God

30 And Moses said to the children of Israel, “See, the LORD has called by name Bezalel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah; 31 and He has filled him with the Spirit of God, in wisdom and understanding, in knowledge and all manner of workmanship, 32 to design artistic works, to work in gold and silver and bronze, 33 in cutting jewels for setting, in carving wood, and to work in all manner of artistic workmanship.
34 “And He has put in his heart the ability to teach, in him and Aholiab the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan. 35 He has filled them with skill to do all manner of work of the engraver and the designer and the tapestry maker, in blue, purple, and scarlet thread, and fine linen, and of the weaver—those who do every work and those who design artistic works.
Exodus 36

1 “And Bezalel and Aholiab, and every gifted artisan in whom the LORD has put wisdom and understanding, to know how to do all manner of work for the service of the sanctuary, shall do according to all that the LORD has commanded.â€￾
The People Give More than Enough

2 Then Moses called Bezalel and Aholiab, and every gifted artisan in whose heart the LORD had put wisdom, everyone whose heart was stirred, to come and do the work.

Dwayne

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Dwayne,

Metal engraving goes back as far as metalworking itself. Rock engraving, also known as petroglyphs are known that are aproximately 77,000 years old.

Engraving is one of humankind's earliest endavors.

Roger

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here an 12000 years old rockengravingpiece my daughter found in the south of the Netherlands (so not that old then...).
There is a piece missing so they dont know what the picture tells us.
On the right you can see a triangle engraved, on the left is a mark from a plough that hit the stone.
The piece is now in the Historical Museum in Leiden and is the oldest engraved piece ever found in the Netherlands.

some more information:

http://translate.google.com/transla...eumkennis.nl/lp.rmo/museumkennis/i000383.html

Attachments

• driehoek.jpg
    driehoek.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Me thinks SamW engraved these in his previous life. They are in his neck of the planet.

Attachments

• spaceman.jpg
    spaceman.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 35

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
I always knew engravers were blessed, or is that touched? Anyway they are special, right!!!!!!!

handengraver

Elite Cafe Member
Dwayne, as I was instructed more then half a century ago, the engraving on metal objects originates with Tubal-Cain (Old Testament) who had the knowledge of sharpening tools, fit for cutting other metals. He also had the three divine qualities that You have quoted in your posting.
Within the Pagan believe systems he was known as Volcan or Vulkanus, those believes placed him in the depth of the earth, forging iron and working with fire. (They sure missed the point...) That's why we still call those violent eruptions Volcanic activities.

Last edited:

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I was taught about ole Tubal-Cain way back when. Methuselah uh? Man you do go way back :0

Dwayne

Latest posts

Sponsors