William Henry Knife

Andrew Biggs

This is a knife that I engraved for William Henry Studio www.williamhenrystudio.com

There is no particular story with this one as it's a design made up of Tiki masks and Manaia. It's a real pleasure dealing with Rick Thronburg from William Henry and the metal is 416 stainless..........bliss!!!

It's always fun, after only seeing the metal parts to engrave, what the end result looks like. :)

Cheers
Andrew

Last edited:

TyG

Elite Cafe Member
Nice work Andrew, the Maori influence translates very nicely to engraving. Gives me something to aspire to and it makes me proud that it comes from the Southern Hemisphere. Ty

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice and with the AB design, your getting famous for it :big grin:
Well done!!!

The only fault I can see is.......not yours, but the guy who did the Photoshop job, the tastles on knife behind should be running behind the knife in the foreground and not over it :)

Phil

Andrew Biggs

Thank you for all your comments...........much appreciated :)

Chris.........I just asked Rick that when it was assembled and photo taken if he could send me the photo. Then I did the Photoshopping side of it and banged it on my web site and the forum. The knife you have done/doing is fabulous!!!

Jeff.........Yip, after 316L stainless the 416 is pure heaven!!!!

Phil.........Good spotting!!...........You're right. The Photoshop guy needs to get his perspective correct. :big grin:

One thing that is quite surprising is just how much gold is used on some of these things. It doesn't look like a lot when you see it inlayed, but all those little bits start adding up.

Oh yeah...............tip of the day for all those interested. Make sure you remember to undercut the channels before inlaying the gold!! Don't even ask how I know this to be true!!!

Cheers
Andrew

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
yes, andrew! as arnaud said. i can see your little guys there, peeping around the corner.
just waiting to pounce on someone ! so cool.

Andrew Biggs

Hi Spank

I didn't do anything on those areas..........that's just the way they come from William Henry. But you're right, they're very attractive.

The next one I'm thinking about doing something on the pivot screw........why? Same reason as Hillary climbed Everest........because it's there :)

Cheers
Andrew

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
Hi Andrew,

Phil Coggan is right ... you are getting famous for this style. Everyone, at one time or another, has said that and I'll even forward you an e-mail from over a year ago to prove it!

Everything works on this ... the inlay material and the pattern in the blade compliments your design. Regardless of the simplicity (I know you're thinking that), it is truly harmony that rules the day.

I had an interesting phone conversation this evening with a mutual friend and the success of your work is proof that what is "different" is what is hot. It is not just something traditional that is being re-interpreted through another artist's mind, but something that is unique that also tells a story in itself. American scrollwork, no matter how intricate and refined, can never achieve that. That's simply the difference between beauty .... and beauty that shares a story.

All the best!!

Chris

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors