Local News showed up

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The Chamber of Commerce called one of the local news channels in a neighboring city and told them about my knife making and engraving. They showed up & did an interview, they cut quite a bit out and left out parts that I wish they would've left in like comments I made about some of those that have helped me along the way. That's news I guess.

Here's a link to the story,

http://www.kwes.com/global/video/fl...g=Search Results&activePane=info&rnd=88813483

Dwayne

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice! I think it could have been better with the flattop, but still darn nice. Cool yard decoration. Everyone needs a Little Giant in the front yard.:)

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The news crew were great, they were there for about 1-1/2 hrs, lot of time for 3 minutes of show. They showed another part yesterday morning that I didn't see. They filmed a friend of mine also that has several corvettes, It's funny, Rick & I both have had several back surgeries, both of our wives work at the court house, both of us are deaf as posts. They are filming at five different towns this week doing the same thing. Spending time with locals, having activities at the local parks. Pretty cool for them to do it.

Eastslop, I'll be glad to get the little giants in my new shop and start learning to make my own Damascus. I'm excited about it. I've also traded for alot of lapidary equipment plus boxes & boxes of stone already slabbed out. Looking forward to building knives like the ones Joe Kious and others build with the stone inlays, like the one Andrew just showed that he engraved for William Henry.

Mike, I'm with you on the free advertising, like you get when you send something to Coop for photo's, it almost always goes into Blade or Knives Illustrated. Can't beat it.

Andrew, I think way back when, they thought of naming something After you! You should be proud. It's the sweetest little town I know of. I love to go on vacation to different parts of the country and beyond, but when it's time to come back home, I love Andrews & I love West Texas.

As far as extra work generated by it, I better get a lot quicker, I'm so far behind now I don't know if I'll ever catch up. But I'll keep chipping away at it. Thanks for the support. I really appreciate this forum and all yalls imput.

Dwayne

Last edited:

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
D,

That was outstanding!!! You ARE a cut above!!!!
They did a great job showcasing both you and your work.
Makes me proud to be a Texan and definitely proud to know ya!

Keep it up man,

Weldon

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks guys I appreciate it, I know your ribbing me on the cut above Weldon. But seriously I have people around here, especially friends and family that brag on my work and I try to tell them about the great talent out there and how my work doesn't compare to alot of yalls work, and they won't hear me, & I appreciate there vote of confidence in my stuff but it's hard hearing the bragging when you know whats out there. The reporter asked me what was so special about my knives when I first met her & I told her, Nothing is special about my knives, I adv her that there were hundreds of knife makers out there doing better work than mine and engravers that would blow her mind, she says well you sell them all over the world, Yes ma'am but so does everyone else. But there are a lot of people that just don't understand what is out there in our world of knife making, engraving, gunsmithing & so on. I do appreciate the kudo's and the nice comments and the news story might add orders and I appreciate that as well but I do know where I'm at in the pecking order. I appreciate all yall for letting me hang out here and learn. It's a blessing,

Dwayne

Dragonsfire

Very nice news coverage. You say you are interested in getting the Little Giant up and running? Harlan "Sid" Suedmeier is the owner of the Mayer Bros. Little Giant Comapny over in Nebraska City, Ne. I have known Sid for years and have just started doing some engraving for him ( I'm still new at this so we're taking it slow). If you need to get a hold of him or his daughter Keri (she really runs things over there LOL) here's the link. www.littlegianthammer.com/

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Dragonfire, I met Sid several years ago at Johnny Stouts house while we were doing a Hammer In. Sid rebuilt a 25# that weekend. The 1911 the reporter was talking about in the interview has already been completely rebuilt by Sid himself. I'm really looking forward to learning the forging part of it.

Dwayne

Latest posts

Sponsors