fact or fiction

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
i was told that the new henry rifles are not good to engrave becouse of their poor metal and construction.(steel blued rifles)
****(i am not asking about the brass looking rifles.)****i understand that these are plated or a thin overlay of sorts? may be another question in itself.

is this fact or fiction?
shawn

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Shawn, Be careful the guns they make to day are not like the ones they made before 1964.I would not touch any those Henry rifles.Thats my 2 cents J.J. Test before engraving.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I assume you are talking about the Henry .22 lever rifle? If so, they are a painted or powder coated alloy similar to pot metal. If you can get the coating off they will engrave but it getting off the finish my be an issue.

metalchipper

Elite Cafe Member
I assume you are talking about the Henry .22 lever rifle? If so, they are a painted or powder coated alloy similar to pot metal. If you can get the coating off they will engrave but it getting off the finish my be an issue.

Yes that is right. The 22 cal." Yellow Boys" are call brass light,
factory will not refinish last time I asked.
The "Big Boys" are solid brass and engraved nice.
Hope that helps.

I knew you were asking about the steel ones, have not worked on [ steel ] one of those. But the Big Boy looked OK to me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors