Help, please: winchester engraver: W.(william) C. Severson

diane b

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I have an engraved, model 1866 Winchester rifle that was manufactured in 1876 and was engraved by W.C. Severson. Apparently Mr. Severson was under contract between the 1870's and the 1880's with Winchester for engraving. A metal plate on the rifle has the name David B. Dentoni and under Mr. Dentoni's name is: engraved by W.C.Severson. I can't remember where I found this information regarding Mr. Severson and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction and/or provide any additional information about this engraver. I have The Winchester Book by George Madis and both of R.L. Wilson's books, Steel Canvas and Peacemakers. I've looked through all three and either have missed the information on Mr. Severson or else I found the information on this engraver somewhere else. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
diane b

diane b

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I found the information in R.L. Wilson's other book on Winchester engraving, but if anyone has any additional information besides what is in the book, I would appreciate it if you could pass it on to me. Also in addition to being in the remedial research group, I also cannot type. W.C. Severson was under contract with Winchester from the 1970's to the 1980's not the 1870's to the 1880's. Thank you.
diane

Latest posts

Sponsors