Introduction

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hello, I found this forum a few months ago, and registered. But have not posted anything. I wanted to introduce myself. I am a 34 year old jeweler from Maryland. I just started working with a Gravermax, trying to learn some basic techniques for ornamenting some of my work. I'm still in the very new greenhorn stage. I hope to find the time to get some structured instruction in the near future, but for now, I'm just practicing with some basics and learning how to sharpen tools and control the graver.

My grandfather was a hand engraver for Sameul Kirk and Sons in Baltimore for 30+ years, then on his own for work that suited his pleasure. My father a master bench jeweler and owner of his own store. I work for him. Primarily I am doing jewelry design work, wax carving, casting, fabrication, finishing and some setting. I hope to learn to engrave to improve my jewelry work and as another creative outlet.

Anyhow, I truly enjoy seeing such fine craftsmanship as pictured here.

Cheers.

Bert

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Nice to have you join us, Bert. There are a lot of jewelers here so you're in good company!
~Sam

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
welcome to the forum Bert, don't forget to post your progress.

Ron S

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I will post some photos once I get something other than a mess. I'm still in the practice stage fooling around with scrap copper sheet.

Latest posts

Sponsors