My Master's tool box

joseph engraver

Elite Cafe Member
I finally figured it out.
It came to me today as I was taking these photographs.
Those who have read my story know that I have dedicated my life and work hoping to please God for the kindness given to me.
I believe that it was His intervention that prevented my suicide attempt many years ago when I was in the beginning of my engraving career.
On another post I gave my opinion of why I thought myself a Master Engraver.
I was wrong, wrong, wrong in that egotistical rant.
I now understand that I am just a utensil in the Masters Tool box...

Attachments

• apologies to Raphael.jpg
    apologies to Raphael.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 176
  • new tool box.jpg
    new tool box.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 191

nhcowboy1961

Elite Cafe Member
I like what you said Joseph, “I am a utensil in the master’s toolboxâ€. While my engraving career is short in the making compared to a life timer, I often feel as if I am just the hands and someone else is pulling the strings. An artist’s ideas can seemingly come out of nowhere, and that is the biggest thrill in my career. A chance glance at a building façade with great scrollwork on it can instantly form an image of a whole new idea or concept, and soon enough I have a new piece. I didn’t plan it out, analyze everything about it and think for hours on end-it just comes to me fully formed and conceived.
As artist’s we are truly blessed to have even just a tiny bit of the power of creation granted within us, it’s the greatest gift I’ve ever been given and it just keeps on giving :)
Paul

Latest posts

Sponsors