Getting better at nickels

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks to the boost from Billzach I'm getting better at hobo nickels.

Just sold #10 direct to the guy who's been buying all of mine. Actually I made him a little package deal with it and #3, which had the misfortune to get listed right between two excellent nickels and wound up not selling. Gave him the info on the person who got #1 as well so he'll be able to have the whole set of 1 - 10.

Still working on getting things really smooth like Billzach does, but at least the gouges are a little less obvious.

I'm not only having fun, getting some good practice, I'm actually getting paid to do so. Not enough yet but each nickel I'm doing a little better a little faster and in 10 nickels I've got enough to pay for a RingGenie Plus and a regulator so I can run my Lindsay Classic off of my compressor as well as from CO2. Not bad for a nominal 50 cents!
:banana:

Attachments

• SVD0010F.jpg
    SVD0010F.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 148

CJ Tate

Elite Cafe Member
Looks great!

I am jealous of the smooth background.

I 'liberated' the "Liberty" right off my last nickel - you got the transition just right!

Candy

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've de-Libertied more than one myself.

If want to see a really smooth field just do a search for any post by Billzach about nickels. I've seen less perfect coins in rolls of new ones.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Finished another one today, and on this one I deliberately took of the 'Liberty'. It was a coin where the letters were pretty worn though, since I knew I was going to remove them.

Attachments

• SVD0011F.jpg
    SVD0011F.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 45

Latest posts

Sponsors