Critique Request bracelet work in progress

KSnyder

Elite Cafe Member
Hello, everyone, does my design on this bracelet have the proper flow? Most of my cutting is on muzzleloaders & its mostly border work on those some roccoco but actually no "formal scroll".
thanks for your time.

Attachments

• P1000444.jpg
    P1000444.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 216

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Hi KSnyder.
It's looking good and has a nice flow.
That said...... couple of areas to improve next time.
It's perfectly fine to originate a scroll from the middle of the previous scroll.
But be careful with the cross over area.
And your middle scroll is smaller than the last one.....not good.
Look at living vines, they go from bigger to smaller as you go up the stem.
Also, you have two open lines where the first main leaf on the last scroll goes.
Did you forget to put in the bottom of the leaf?
These are just engraver nit-picks.
Some lucky person is going to love this well cut bracelet.
Best.

john pilk

still hard at it

it,s me john, the guy that give you the ngraver outfit. i havn,t done any work for the last 3 yrs . till now, getting back into it. how ya doin? work looks fine to me. put a little shading in the right places and you,ll be suprised how much better it will come out . didn,t really get to much of your question to actually give a good reply, sorry. just wanted to say hi and hope you,re doing well. i spend some time on the lindsay site. not much, i havn,t been on here for yrs. gotta go now and i,ll try and spend a little more time on here now that i finally got logged on .....john

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
Kent, you did a good job pulling the left scroll out of the middle, not an easy thing to pull off. It will look even better once things are shaded, it will look more alive !!!!!

MICHAEL

Elite Cafe Member
KSnyder, I am a beginner and I am just learning. I would like to help you as I have been helped. If I overstep my bounds I apologize in advance. I don't know about engraving braclets and may be wrong, but If it were for me I would want the ball at the center of the scroll to be bigger. the same with the stem and leaves, to fill the open space more. I like to make the ball at center apprear to either tuck over or behind the design also, It helps to add interest. This is just my opinion. If I am wrong, I apologize again and hope to learn from the more experienced members of this forum. Good luck with this piece.

KSnyder

Elite Cafe Member
Hey guys, thanks for all the input. John B., yeah, I missed closing off the one leaf end and I'll remeber the scroll proportion next time hopefully.
And John P. , of course I remember you the last time we corresponded was just before you went to Iraq I believe. I still use the Ngraver just about every day, thanks again.
Michael, I drew the design to be open & airy, probably breaks some rules but thats a work in progress too.:big grin:

Latest posts

Sponsors