My first Hobo nickle

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey is that Lee?

Looks dang good to me. Hey Chris, shoot me an e-mail with your mailing address, and I will see to it a hammer gets sent you way.

threefingerdave

Elite Cafe Member
Chris
Dang i hate it when someone comes along and "raises the bar" so stinking high that i can't even see it any more
Great coin!!!!!!
They are pretty fun to do
If you decide to sell it make sure you post that it is your 1st as the collectors are looking for that
Sincerely
Dave

CJ Tate

Elite Cafe Member
Great coin! You have achieved a lot of depth/relief and your surfaces are very clean.

I have often heard your name and skill referred to in posts here. If you have a chance a picture a little closer would be great. I bet the beard and hair are really great.

Thanks for posting it. - Candy

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
your first should look like a piece of , well you know what. but it somehow looks like you've done a few hundred !

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I second Scott's observation - the first person I thought of was Lee! Great background and I like the way you have it evenly contoured down behind the subject, er, Lee. :)

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Don't worry Dave - Marcus and Chris are so far above us they just raise the top of the market up, leaving more room for us there in between them and the ones that look like they were done down by the traintracks with a rusty nail.

Chris,

Passing along the tips I was given, 'sign' and number the coin along the edge (by 'sign' you'll probably just make your mark rather than your full name).

When / if you list it note in the title that it's your first coin. Also in the listing let them know about your regular work. They'll obviously be able to tell how skilled you are but you should show them how you got that good.

Oh - and you need a better / bigger / closer picture so they can see how great it is.

But Marcus is also right about how addictive hobos are. Billzach got me going and now I'm finding myself going into withdrawal if I don't have a coin collecting bids!

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I can only wish I was as good looking as those coins. Don't tell my wife. I've fooled her for 28 years.

Latest posts

Sponsors